Alright so im looking for a second guitar as soon as my tax return comes back. I calculated my return with my 07 tax program and it says $613 so I guess my budget is around $600 or so.

Budget: $600 if ordered online it can only be $600 with shipping if shipping costs from that particular site.

Amp: I use a small peavey amp I will upgrade this probably next year as I am not gigging yet so it will do fine.

Music Style: I play classic rock and hair metal

Requests for features:

-Thin Neck, Im used to the one on my RG so I would like similiar in another guitar.

-At least one humbucker in the bridge preferably 2 but 2 isnt neccesarily required

-Can be hardtail or floating bridge but if floating I would like a quality floating bridge nothing like the Edge 3 I have now

-I prefer super strat type bodies but will consider v shapes or offset v's

-I dont really have a brand preference at this point so recommend me any brand you think I would like.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Jan 14, 2009,
Definately check out PRS SE guitars, they are brilliant for the price, and have a floating trem. Maybe a cheap LTD but im not too familiar with them or their prices.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
That white DK is amazing, but is the trem bad or what? Ive heard good things about jackson trems.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
It is good, apparently. People here often say that it's reliable. Still, I wouldn't expect it to last twenty years like an OFR or one of the better Ibanez trems. But it seems like most UGers can get a lot of mileage out of it, so I'd not worry about that too much.
Why are you considering a new guitar first and not an amp now? Is there a hole in style of music you play that your current guitar isnt satisfying? Just curious, because that 600 could go towards a new amp instead.
Yeah that guitar is way sexy especially since its in white with black hardware, I am still taking suggestions though for others. Im assuming you cant pay MF without a credit card or debit card?

Quote by GuitarDTO
Why are you considering a new guitar first and not an amp now? Is there a hole in style of music you play that your current guitar isnt satisfying? Just curious, because that 600 could go towards a new amp instead.

Just for different tunings and something more reliable so that I dont have to be all paranoid about my edge going out all the time.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Jan 14, 2009,