I'm looking into throwing a couple of HBs in my Strat. I know I need to get a new pickguard for it and probably a new selector switch but aside from that im clueless. Do I just desolder the single coils out and solder the new humbuckers in? I want to try and put in burstbuckers or EMGs in. Help!
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
get a stacked hummy, then you won't have to change dog-poo.

this ma' maaan
my bro had a strat knockoff so we put my bc rich humbuckers in it and seriously ghettoed the pickguard to do it. we used crappy wire cutters and it turned out ok. we just widened the existing holes and left the middle single coil
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Last edited by skwelcher at Jan 14, 2009,
the easiest thing to do(what i did with my strat) is to put single sized humbuckers in making the job much easier, just soldering in and out

putting in full sized 'buckers might require routing the cavity bigger in the body
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Stacked humbuckers don't sound the same as regular humbuckers. If you want humbuckers, it's best to change the pots to 500K, strats come with 250K. But I'm not sure which is best for stacked humbuckers