Is a noise suppresion pedal something like a noise gate or does it just filter out fret buzz and single-coil hum?
i think noise
suppression pedal = noise gate

feel free to correct me if im wrong
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
If the pedal has a threshold control, it's a gate.

(Excluding compressor's)
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I just bought a Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor. Ive never used a noise gate before, but this was supposed to work like one. I need it to filter out some bad feedback hissing from my distortion pedal. Let's just say there is no more hiss. So, if you need it to do that, then its good.
ISP Decimator. Its the weapon of choice round here
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

I'll sell you my decimator. I hate it.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
^Really? Ive never heard a negative review bout it. Does it suck tone?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

No its just not as good as people make it out to be. You gotta fiddle with it ALOT. And say goodbye to guitar volume control.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
^ yes! One knob operation sounds good in theory but it's terrible. Once it's set your done for with messing with anything else because it will then need to be reset. The biggest thing was that it only cleans up the hum, hiss, fuzz while your not playing, once I strike a note it's back. At this point I can deal with tone coloration.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
I think you have to fiddle a lot with all noise gates and noise suppressors depending on what your rig is like. Can anyone give a clear definition of the difference between noise suppressors and noise gates or is the diference just to insignificant too bother with.
Quote by axe_man
I think you have to fiddle a lot with all noise gates and noise suppressors depending on what your rig is like. Can anyone give a clear definition of the difference between noise suppressors and noise gates or is the diference just to insignificant too bother with.

They are the same thing.
AL