so im lookin to get a 3rd guitar. right now ive got the 2 listed in my sig, and im lookin for a new one. i just got a new amp, also in the sig. so im lookin at the schecter c1fr-hellraiser. it has everything i need. but any other good guitars that i should look at?

this guitar will be for all metal (the sg does the classic stuff), id like some good pups, original floyd rose. price, id say the highest ill go is about $900. any suggestions? and also keep in mind, im left handed.
**GEAR**

Epiphone G-400 Tony Iommi Left Handed
Custom Epiphone Les Paul 100 Left Handed w/ EMG 81/85
Johnson Acoustic Left Handed
Line 6 Spider Valve 112 w/ FBV Pedal
BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
Last edited by synguitarist7x at Jan 14, 2009,
i was torn between the hellraiser c-1 and the hellraiser avenger. i went with the avenger. but thats just me.
wOOt for the spidervalve, i have one there great amps
and for the guitar, the hellraiser quite a bit like the guitars in your sig.
just because of the mahgony body and neck profiles, but those have a lot to do with a guitar.
if you want something a little different, it looks like esp has a new m-1000 http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-M1000-Electric-Guitar?sku=527001
i'd check that out, maybe wait for pics or check esp/ltds site.
Thats only because a lot of metal guys prefer unglossy necks, thinner necks and thinner bodies and everything.
but if thats what you like then i'd say the hellraiser looks like a great choice
Quote by stratdud39
wOOt for the spidervalve, i have one there great amps
and for the guitar, the hellraiser quite a bit like the guitars in your sig.
just because of the mahgony body and neck profiles, but those have a lot to do with a guitar.
if you want something a little different, it looks like esp has a new m-1000 http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-M1000-Electric-Guitar?sku=527001
i'd check that out, maybe wait for pics or check esp/ltds site.
Thats only because a lot of metal guys prefer unglossy necks, thinner necks and thinner bodies and everything.
but if thats what you like then i'd say the hellraiser looks like a great choice

yeah, its a nice guitar, but i need something lefty, which makes the search even harder.

does esp make any lefties? ive only seen a lefty kh-202 and a alexi-200, both not the best of their guitars.

im also aware that new 2009 models are coming out for all companies, so thats also why im waiting quite a bit (and i dont have to money yet =P)
**GEAR**

BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
Quote by synguitarist7x
yeah, its a nice guitar, but i need something lefty, which makes the search even harder.

does esp make any lefties? ive only seen a lefty kh-202 and a alexi-200, both not the best of their guitars.

im also aware that new 2009 models are coming out for all companies, so thats also why im waiting quite a bit (and i dont have to money yet =P)

oh
well you could flip it and then get it reset and everything but if you dont wanna go to that trouble then i guess the hellraiser is the way to go
Quote by stratdud39
oh
well you could flip it and then get it reset and everything but if you dont wanna go to that trouble then i guess the hellraiser is the way to go

yeah, lol. jimi style. its not easy, i had a strat like that, and i would always hit the volume knob and it would suddenly go silent. lol
**GEAR**

BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
If you're an avenged fan, you gotta go with the Schecter. Perfect for their music.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
well after some searching, i found another choice - the c1fy blackjack atx w/ the SD blackouts. which one would be a better choice? any difference besides the finish and pups?
**GEAR**

BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
Quote by synguitarist7x
well after some searching, i found another choice - the c1fy blackjack atx w/ the SD blackouts. which one would be a better choice? any difference besides the finish and pups?

well that just comes down to do you want EMG's or Duncans.

EMG's are known for that crazy aggressive distortion.

but i hear the blackouts compare, but dont know for myself.

the hellraiser is gunna be super aggressive. the blackjack is gunna be pretty aggressive.

i myself am looking into that same model tho, so i cant bash it. but ive got a hellraiser anyway, so its my second choice. id go with the hellraiser.
ive got the emg 81/85 set in my LP. are the blackouts gonna be much different?do they do better cleans than the emgs?
**GEAR**

BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
Diversify, get a Tele.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
i say that the hellraiser is a good choice. i was thinking a syn gates custom but i dont think those come as a lefty.
DK2L Dinky is another guitar that would be something to check out. i have a jackson and the sound and playability is perfect for metal, especially the neck.

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=Dinky-Body&page=1&product=2911001503

good luck
I know at $1,199, its just a bit out of your price range, but the Malden Subhuman might be something you'd enjoy.

http://www.maldenguitars.com/subhuman.htm
http://www.tripatlas.com/videoplay/Udz-fuUDnj4
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I know at $1,199, its just a bit out of your price range, but the Malden Subhuman might be something you'd enjoy.

http://www.maldenguitars.com/subhuman.htm
http://www.tripatlas.com/videoplay/Udz-fuUDnj4

TS, if you like thicker necks, get a schecter. Otherwise, look into an ibanez or jackson for thinner, flatter necks.
Diversify but keep it able to do what you want. Get a Fender strat, mod it with a Hot Rails in bridge or a Super Distortion if you get an HSS, and, if you really want it, a Floyd in the bridge. And swap the neck if you don't like the neck.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
Diversify but keep it able to do what you want. Get a Fender strat, mod it with a Hot Rails in bridge or a Super Distortion if you get an HSS, and, if you really want it, a Floyd in the bridge. And swap the neck if you don't like the neck.

Wouldn't you just be left with a strat body and then some leftover parts...?

If you did that you might as well buy something from warmoth...
Quote by Pac_man0123
Wouldn't you just be left with a strat body and then some leftover parts...?

If you did that you might as well buy something from warmoth...

True.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by Pac_man0123

TS, if you like thicker necks, get a schecter. Otherwise, look into an ibanez or jackson for thinner, flatter necks.

Schecter necks are nearly 14" radius, how much more flatter can you get?

Go for the blackjack ATX in white is the best
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Pac_man0123

You have an issue with Maldens? The shape?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by a7xplayer
i say that the hellraiser is a good choice. i was thinking a syn gates custom but i dont think those come as a lefty.
DK2L Dinky is another guitar that would be something to check out. i have a jackson and the sound and playability is perfect for metal, especially the neck.

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=Dinky-Body&page=1&product=2911001503

good luck

yeah, i really like that guitar. but the i cant really find one anywhere. unless im not searching good enough...
**GEAR**

BOSS DS-1 and AC-3