I'm back again for some general advice!

Tomorrow evening, i'm going with a friend to jam with a VERY experienced Drummer & Guitarist/Vocalist, they've got about 10 years over me, and are aged 25, whereas we are 18, we all have similar tastes, i'm just wondering how i could make a good starting impression and carry that through with breaking the ice with maybe a jam, my own personal passion is blues, but i'm not so sure about their personal preferences, so i'd like some suggestions from you lot, you've helped me on countless occasions before!

Thanks

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
If you;re preference is blues, then ask them to play some blues tunes to start off with, or a 12 bar blues. If theyre good guys they'll surely do it. and they should be able to give you advice on certian aspects of your playing. The let them play what they wanna play too
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Warm up with the blues minor pentatonic!

If they're blues guitarists, offer them as cigarette and a drink. All the blues guitarist I know would forever love a man who did that when they first met.

Oh, and don't forget the big pair of shades and blues brothers hat, sort of like a fedora.

But honestly though, get up there and show them your style. If you're a blues kind of guy, when they start playing adapt and they'll pick up on how you do it. If they're as experienced as you say, they'll definitely adapt and have fun jamming with you.

Jamming is meant to be fun. Worrying about it completely defeats the purpose.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Last edited by Greenfinger182 at Jan 14, 2009,
don't worry about them being more experienced, playing with better people will only make you better. Just play some songs and get to know each others style and pay attention and you might learn something new from these guys.
I'd say don't be intimidated by them. Go there to learn and kick some blues butt too. Age is nothing in music.

Take your blues runs and apply them to whatever genre they'll be playing. If it means changing your phrasing in order to make it more rocky, then go for it. You'll be learning so much more if you adapt yourself to any situation.

But most of all, go there to have fun. If the other dude plays a mind blowing solo, don't be crushed. Adapt and compliment it with your own. Its a jam.

Hope this helps, good luck
Guys, Thanks alot for your replys here, the folk of Musician Talk never fail me!

i really appreciate it!!

Quote by Greenfinger182
Warm up with the blues minor pentatonic!

If they're blues guitarists, offer them as cigarette and a drink. All the blues guitarist I know would forever love a man who did that when they first met.

Oh, and don't forget the big pair of shades and blues brothers hat, sort of like a fedora.

I'd love to do that but there's a little thing called a public smoking ban over here, already have my mirrored aviators at the ready! cheers Greenfinger182!

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90