jrdoyle
353 IQ
When you take an open Cmaj and move it up two frets (whole step). I imagine D-something. Thanks
zakky_s
25 IQ
According to guitar pro, it would be a D, F#m/5+, or a Asus4add13 (no5)
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
NewShred
49 IQ
D, F#, G, D, E,
Spelt 1, 3, 6, 1, 9
I still think it's Dmaj6add9
jrdoyle
353 IQ
Chordbook is FTW but it couldn't find a match. It's a Cmaj open chord moved up so its X-5-4-0-3-0. Notes are D, F#, G, D, E. I use this a lot and always wondered what it was called. For now i'm going with NewShred, you get the prize broseph
xxdarrenxx
UG Fanatic
1,654 IQ
Quote by NewShred
D, F#, G, D, E,
Spelt 1, 3, 6, 1, 9
I still think it's Dmaj6add9

This is wrong^

G is not a Maj6th interval of D it's a perfect 4th. (F# to G is 1 semitone/half step higher, how can 1 half step leap be equal to; a Major 3rd to a Major6th?)

B is the maj6th interval of D.

(edit: I think you counted 6 half steps from D, this is not a Maj6th however. In the major scale it's the 6th interval, but from the root it's 9 half steps/semitones away.

TS the chord is named 'Dadd9add11(no5th)'

D = the rooth
F# = the 3rd
A = the 5th (Which isn't in the chord, but a 5th has no harmonic value unless it's a diminished or augmented chord, so it can be omitted)
G = Perfect 4th (+ 7 because of the 3rd, it's not sus4, which makes it (add)11)
E = Maj 2nd (+ 7 because of the 3rd it isn't sus2, which makes it (add)9)

Further analysis, you MUST add "add" to the 9 and 11, because if you don't it's implied it's dominant.

D7add9 = called D9 and D7add9add11 = called D11

Likewise, you could theoretically call the chord D11 (no5th, no7th), but this is misleading in practice and (as far as I know) never used.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jan 15, 2009,