Im building my first guitar its an explorer. I have alot of experience in woodworking. I dont wanna build neck just because I dont wanna have to fret the fingerboard. Do the make pre-made fingerboards with no frets?
if they dont how would i change my plans to accomadate a premade neck. i have a vague idea but i wanna c i theres anything else. Thanks
I dont think they do without frets, but its not hard to do. Just try it, you'll be able to say you did everything by yourself!
yes they do.

Check out allparts.com, or stewmac.com, or go to the guy in my sig, LP Addict. He'll make you one.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by stonepriest
I'm building my first guitar, it's an explorer. I have a lot of experience in woodworking. I don't wanna build a neck just because I don't wanna have to fret the fingerboard. Do they make pre-made fingerboards with no frets?
If they don't how, would I change my plans to accommodate a premade neck. I have a vague idea but I wanna see if there's anything else. Thanks

Fixed for ya, but I don't understand, you say you don't want to build the neck because you don't want to have to fret the finderboard, yet then you say do they make pre-made fingerboards with no frets?
Quote by LP Addict
they sell them fretted on allparts with 21 frets and fret dots, ill snag you a 35% discount if you order one through me.

that way you're making a 15% profit lol.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I read your post but not sure what your asking. Most ready to go necks are gonna be fretted. But a bare fingerboard to be glued on a neck no dont find to many with frets already.
Quote by stonepriest
Im building my first guitar its an explorer. I have alot of experience in woodworking. I dont wanna build neck just because I dont wanna have to fret the fingerboard. Do the make pre-made fingerboards with no frets?
if they dont how would i change my plans to accomadate a premade neck. i have a vague idea but i wanna c i theres anything else. Thanks

I seem to understand what he's saying...
Yes they do the last poster linked to stewmac and also LMI sells different scale lengths, woods, and radiuses. I use preslotted boards on all my builds I can't bring myself to spend around a $100 to set up a table saw jig to do it and it's probably worth paying the extra just for the work I'd save doing it by hand.