I got my ISP Decimator, wooo! But when I tried to use it through my halfstack I couldn't get it to work!! What is wrong! I used it through my 15watt Line6 Amp and it works fine... WTF!
Setup:
Dean Vendetta Guitar
Parker P-42
B-52 AT-100 Head
Line 6 240w Cab with Vintage 30s
Try it in the effects loop? If it's battery powered maybe change the battery.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I tried it the effects loops, the battery is brand new.. Could it be the levels of my Send and Return of the head??
Setup:
Dean Vendetta Guitar
Parker P-42
B-52 AT-100 Head
Quote by Bogforce
I tried it the effects loops, the battery is brand new.. Could it be the levels of my Send and Return of the head??

Yes.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
What should those be at???
Setup:
Dean Vendetta Guitar
Parker P-42
B-52 AT-100 Head
Quote by Bogforce
What should those be at???
Each at half is a good starting point.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
make sure it's using a series loop if you have it. If it's parallel, make sure the wet/dry mix is 100% wet.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
uh....... what does that mean?
Setup:
Dean Vendetta Guitar
Parker P-42
B-52 AT-100 Head
I couldnt get mine to work when i had a 6505 either.I eventually sent it back. Tried both loop and in front. Im buying another one soon, and hopefully it will work. Theres no level adjustmenet on the peavey so I dont know what the problem could be?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Well It works on my 15watt but when I use it on the halfstack I have to turn my volume all the way up to hear anything and it sounds like poop
Setup:
Dean Vendetta Guitar
Parker P-42
B-52 AT-100 Head
Quote by Bogforce
uh....... what does that mean?

if your amp has a series loop, the signal passes thru the preamp, then the fx loop, then the poweramp. If you interrupt that, like unplug something in the loop, no signal reaches the power amp. With this kind of loop, the signal is always wet if you have something on the fx loop.

with a parallel loop, it runs a dry signal in parallel with the signal it's feeding thru the FX loop. This way you can dial in how much wet tone from the fx is mixed with the dry signal running parallel with it. For a gate to work effectively on this kind of loop, you have to set the wet/dry mix so all the signal is passing thru the fx loop, so all the signal runs thru the gate instead of running a parallel dry signal.

edit:
Quote by Bogforce
Well It works on my 15watt but when I use it on the halfstack I have to turn my volume all the way up to hear anything and it sounds like poop

That sounds like a problems somewhere in the send/receive settings. Do any pedals work on the loop?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Jan 14, 2009,
Do you know which one my Amp has?

Im not sure this is the only pedal I've tried....
Setup:
Dean Vendetta Guitar
Parker P-42
B-52 AT-100 Head
Last edited by Bogforce at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by Bogforce
Do you know which one my Amp has?

Im not sure this is the only pedal I've tried....

I think it's a series loop, since I don't see a wet mix control. I do see send and return level controls on the back, where are those set?
amp clips
amp vids
all the way up.. lol... where should they be?
Setup:
Dean Vendetta Guitar
Parker P-42
B-52 AT-100 Head
Quote by Bogforce

This happened to me because I had a pedalboard with 2 input cable jacks, and 2 send jacks, and I put the input cable in the 1st input jack and the send in the 2nd send jack. I don't know if that applies to your amp (I've never had your half-stack,) but see if that helps at all or if it's just confusing you and is pointless.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
Quote by Bogforce
all the way up.. lol... where should they be?

well, not sure where your levels should be, but maxxed could be driving the input on the decimator too hard. Try running them both at noon, and adjust send until the tone sounds right, then adjust the return to match the volume with the loop disengaged.
amp clips
amp vids
okay sounds like that could be my problem, stayed tuned for tomorrow if it doesn't work! Thanks for the help so far
Setup:
Dean Vendetta Guitar
Parker P-42
B-52 AT-100 Head
Quote by Erock503
make sure it's using a series loop if you have it. If it's parallel, make sure the wet/dry mix is 100% wet.

+1 EDIT: never mind, looks like it's something else. erock to the rescue!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 15, 2009,
Tried adjusting my levels and got nothing new still the same.. I tried using it not putting it through the effects loop and it still doesnt work. But it I tried my lead players Line6 30 watt amp tonight and it worked fined.. could it be the cords im using?
Setup:
Dean Vendetta Guitar
Parker P-42
B-52 AT-100 Head
it could be the cables. where are the knobs on the pedal?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
On the pedal... I just moved it around but got nothing.. should i just be using standard guitar cables?
Setup:
Dean Vendetta Guitar
Parker P-42
B-52 AT-100 Head
are they different cables than the ones you're using for the Line6? Use the same cables, and yes, they should be regular instrument/guitar cables. If it's working with the Line6, it's not the pedal, so it has to be something else in the chain.
amp clips
amp vids
okay, i think the same thing.. anyone with the same setup as me know anything?
Setup:
Dean Vendetta Guitar
Parker P-42
B-52 AT-100 Head
Anyone???
Setup:
Dean Vendetta Guitar
Parker P-42
B-52 AT-100 Head
I have the same amp you have. Listen its really easy to use it, because I even know WHY you bought this pedal. The b-52 is prone to that buzz on the gain channels.

1) Connect the pedal LAST before you go into your input, **** the fx loop, you don't need it there.
2) Keep the pedal off. Turn up the gain to a level you feel comfortable playing at, dial in your tone etc etc.
3) You should hear that annoying buzz, even when you are muting your strings. Its just how the b-52 works, and its ok.
4) Turn on the pedal and turn it all the way down, aka -70 or whatever is lowest.
5) Turn the dial UP until the buzz goes away, then turn it just a tad bit more.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Last edited by sesstreets at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by Faux~Affliction
Make sure that the pedal is running through the front of the amp AND through the effects loop at the same time.

http://www.isptechnologies.com/DecimatorG%20Pedal%20insert.pdf

This only applies to the G-string Decimator. Sounds like he either doesn't know how to work the FX loop or has the knob turned into the off position...
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Tried all this stuff and still nothing...
Setup:
Dean Vendetta Guitar
Parker P-42
B-52 AT-100 Head
Quote by Bogforce
Tried all this stuff and still nothing...

What are you expecting it to you do? You know it just cuts back on hum and feedback, right?
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
This same exact thing happened with my old 6505. I just sent it back..and they said nothing was wrong with it. I just ordered another one for my new amp, so i'll keep you posted.

You should call customer service.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412