I am wondering if it would work to buy an electric guitar, and an adapter for the cable that converts to headphone jack size.

Then plug the guitar into my computer, and record as well as listen to myself play using headphones. The computer would act as an amp, kinda, I guess.

Thanks
Line6 makes lots of **** that does this. I have a Toneport GX, runs you about $50.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
Line6 makes lots of **** that does this. I have a Toneport GX, runs you about $50.

interesting I'll check it out.

Is that the guy from A7X in your avatar? great band
Quote by FlintxMason
interesting I'll check it out.

Is that the guy from A7X in your avatar? great band

Why yes, it is ZV....

Oh, and on those things, they have amp modulations. They can make huge varieties of sounds. Its actually really cool.

They have some really tight A7x tones that I use when I play their stuff.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Thats very similiar to what I do. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card that has a ton of front audio inputs and outputs. I plug my guitar directly into it and use programs such as Guitar Rig that act as my amp and effects. I can then record and mix my tracks.
I dont like anything else by Line 6
but damn the Toneport is a pretty incredible little machine.

I use it mostly just for demo ideas, but its incredible quality sound.

also, the amp and effect modeling from it are pretty sweet, I'm not going to lie.
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
I use an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card, Amplitube, and some 120 watt Fostex monitors. It totally kicks A$$. I might buy an amp someday if I ever form or join a band, but until then I have no need for any sort of amp. This setup does it all.
Does anyone know anybody with the expensive Toneport...that looks pretty badash on their website.
Check out the toneport UX by Line 6, I have the UX2, but the only thing that it has better is more imputs, if you just want to use your guitar, get the TonePort UX... buy it from either GC or MF...

Great machine!
if you have a 1/4in->minijack adaptor you can plug directly into a microphone input. and download free software.

but your pc may not handle it in realtime.
Quote by Roast Beef
if you have a 1/4in->minijack adaptor you can plug directly into a microphone input. and download free software.

but your pc may not handle it in realtime.

If you haee a sound card which is a ASIO interface. It works, if not, 99% chance that it will suck like ****.
You could also usue the Line6 POD 2.0 . It's awesome for what it does; model mid/hi-gain amps, and these models are just as good as top of the line solid state amps + mics would be.

The advantage here is that the models are 'hardware' and the modelled signal is an analog output, so there's no strain on your computer like Guitar Rig would give you (delays, clipping etc).
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73