Hey guys, Ive been messing with the idea of buying a new practice amp anyways, and today my spider III 15 watt POS decided to screw up. Ive plugged in my electric and my acoustic electric, tried different channels, gains, and volumes but it still sounds terrible (more so than normal). Some sound makes it out of the speaker but it gets choppy and as volume changes, it chops worse. Is it blown, is it the cable (dont think it is, never had a prob with monster cables), or is it just its time? Maybe this was a sign...

Thanks

there are no pedals before the amp, just guitar-cable-amp

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em
Last edited by REV3LATI0N at Jan 14, 2009,
I think I have the same problem with my amp, where the sound keeps going quiet and then randomly loud?
I replaced my cables so I think it's definitely the amp.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
my only bad cable just kills my sound, but try another cable if u got one

i think this might be i the wrong thread...guitar accessories thread?
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Replace the spider. i just bought a raven RG60 and love it. If your lookin for a cheap replacement, i recommend a raven.
they get a bad rep, their great practice amps, but yeah just get a new one, upgrade to something else, by now you've messed with a lot of the setting on that thing and figured out the tone you want so you can go to a store and ask for something that sounds like what you like on a spider, unless you just use the insane setting with everything but the volume maxxed out, in which case, just get a bigger spider III

Quote by ccase
Replace the spider. i just bought a raven RG60 and love it. If your lookin for a cheap replacement, i recommend a raven.

i upgraded from my 10 watt which goes to school for jazz band practice to this thing, for a SS amp i love how it takes pedals. i would also recommend this amp. hope im not sounding like a noob. i just really like the raven brand, but, when i get my halfstack the heads not going to be a raven, the cab will be though.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Last edited by F8iscruel at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by Birchall17
I think I have the same problem with my amp, where the sound keeps going quiet and then randomly loud?
I replaced my cables so I think it's definitely the amp.

Looks like your MG is dying. I'm not surprised TBH.

A side note, Raven is a rebranded Crate.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.