is it possible to add more tubes to the power amp in an already built amp like a bugera to increase the saturation of the sound
Quote by Skierinanutshel
yes....however it is going to require you to rebuild the amp.

QFT
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
What Bugera do you have?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
yes....however it is going to require you to rebuild the amp.

That's it. Skier wins.

(You wanted a siggable quote, here's one)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Sorry.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If you want to increase power-tube saturation (I don't think this is what you want), you can remove a pair of power tubes. This will decrease headroom and the powertubes will distort at lower volumes.

Doing so will require you to match impedances differently. I believe you double, but I'm too lazy to check right now.
Now are you wanting more preamp distortion, the gain knob, or do you want more power amp saturation, the volume knob? But no there is no plug and play way to add another tube to an amp.
Quote by Stretch_Wilson
is it possible to add more tubes to the power amp in an already built amp like a bugera to increase the saturation of the sound

it would actually DECREASE the saturation... more wattage=higher headroom=less power tube distortion.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
so wat you are saying is that to get more power amp saturation i need to take power tubes out and configure the amp to work properly with those changes
^yup. Take out the 2 middle 6l6 tubes and then set your impedace selector to half of the impedance of your cab. If you have a 16 ohm cab then your amp should be set for 8 ohms. If you have an 8 ohm cab then the amp should be set to 4 ohms.
Not taking any online orders.