View poll results: ?
yes
21 39%
no
27 50%
your mom....*sigh*
6 11%
Voters: 54.
if you were in an apocalyptic world or something involving life and death situations..

would you sacrifice your self (hanging off of a cliff and you cut your rope harness to save the others) (jumping in front of a bullet) or whatever for the good of another man?
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
If it meant that you would stop making threads, then yes. Yes I would.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
Yes, I feel that I'm comfortable enough with my life that if I die saving someone else, it won't bother me. It's not really the dying part that's scary, more like the possibly painful part.
depends if i knew them or not

if they were close or if i knew them somewhat well and were a nice/good person, i would

otherwise, hell no
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
It would really depend on who it was. However in most cases, no, I value my own survival above most others.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
Nope, if one of us is going to die why wouldn't I save myself.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Depends on the person.

I would if they a) were a good friend of mine, b) were capable of benefiting society more than I could (eg. they were a brilliant scientist who could help the survivors of this hypothetical apocalypse create a civilization), or c) a large number of innocent people would be saved, while I would be the only one to die.

Otherwise, no.
kill all humans
i would do it for my close friends, i wouldn't even need to think about it
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
depends on the person...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Depends on the situation. If we were hanging by a rope, about to die anyways, I would easily cut the rope to let the others live. However, most of the time I go about it the opposite way, sacrificing others so I get a few minutes of laughs every one in a while.
I <3 Companion Cube
Probably, given that most people will contribute more to society than myself.

Especially if it's it's some one i care about.
I'd risk my life yes. If it was a sort of definate i will die but they will survive; i cant say. Noone can really say until they've been put in that situation.
if it was a loved one i would let us both die. that way neathir of us would suffer, and we could be toghter in the afterlife.
Depends on who it is.

An everyday person? No.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

yes if was the right people/person i was doing it for there are people and causes i would die for.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Depends on the person.

I would if they a) were a good friend of mine, b) were capable of benefiting society more than I could (eg. they were a brilliant scientist who could help the survivors of this hypothetical apocalypse create a civilization), or c) a large number of innocent people would be saved, while I would be the only one to die.

Otherwise, no.

My thoughts exactly.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
It really depends. I'd only do it if I knew the person well.

But then I'd go on in life feeling awful because I could've saved a person's life and didn't.
"Don't make me come down there!"

-God

[quote=""Professor McGonagall"
"]Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

I'm a girl, by the way.
If I liked the guy. In other words if someone said everyone in my school but me will die unless I kill myself I wouldn't do it.
it depends on the person like if it was someone i liked or a good person
i mean i have no reason to live anyway so might as well let someone else live
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
Who jumps in front of a bullet when you can push someone? Only Hollywood does that.

No I wouldn't sacrifice myself as conceited as that sounds.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together