Some tabs on UG are pretty confusing. Do you guys just find a tab and listen to the song with it to find where certain parts are and then play? Thats kinda what I do.
Quote by VanCamp
Pee on things.

Quote by tukk04
back in black-AC/DC
because maybe it'd revive me instantly
i just hope i don't come back black

My Gear
Epiphone SG
Roland 15 Watt Cube Amp
Samick J-2 Acoustic
Quote by mitchgib93
Some tabs on UG are pretty confusing. Do you guys just find a tab and listen to the song with it to find where certain parts are and then play? Thats kinda what I do.

I like using Guitar Pro versions if they are available. If not, then I load up the song, and start looking at the tab while it plays to figure out the time, and more importantly, if it sounds correct.
Yeah, I follow along with the song. I set all my tabs up to be followed along with too. Much easier that way.
So you guys just mostly get your tabs off this site, and that is what you are usually playing? Songs from this website?
Quote by VanCamp
Pee on things.

Quote by tukk04
back in black-AC/DC

My Gear
Epiphone SG
Roland 15 Watt Cube Amp
Samick J-2 Acoustic
What exactly is that? Details Please.
Quote by VanCamp
Pee on things.

Quote by tukk04
back in black-AC/DC

My Gear
Epiphone SG
Roland 15 Watt Cube Amp
Samick J-2 Acoustic
And there is only a free trial version. Maybe I'm going to the wrong link. Can someone post the link where I download it?
Quote by VanCamp
Pee on things.

Quote by tukk04
back in black-AC/DC

My Gear
Epiphone SG
Roland 15 Watt Cube Amp
Samick J-2 Acoustic
Quote by mitchgib93
So you guys just mostly get your tabs off this site, and that is what you are usually playing? Songs from this website?

I use this site as a first resource to find songs that I want to play after hearing them. If I can't find any here, I will go and search Google for where they are located. If I still can't find them, then I try to tab them out with help from a more experienced musician if available.

By the way: Guitar Pro 5 is a free trial program, and you legally have to purchase it if you plan on using it for more than 15 days. But I think that its a very good investment, as you can not only play out tabs to get the timing/see if they sound correct, but you can also compose your own music and save it for later.
Last edited by Xeron Brigs at Jan 14, 2009,
i only use guitar pro, it makes tabs easy to see if they sound ok etc. and the best thing is that you can write your own music in it
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard