Page 1 of 2
Infidelity has many different forms, some more obvious than others. However, what line do you have to cross to consider yourself cheating on your partner?

I'll add to this later. As for now, fire away

edit: Oh, to clear things up, I do not have a boyfriend/girlfriend, and this isn't from past experience unless I specifically state it is. Everything posted is hypothetical unless labeled otherwise.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Last edited by vintage x metal at Jan 14, 2009,
doing anything that should only be done to a loved one. expressing loving feelings for some one else.
If you get intimate with another person, you're cheating.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by severed-metal
Kissing and so on.

oh...

You saw my post in the relationship thread....

I'd say kissing as well, even though I kind of kissed my best friend today and she's got a boyfriend...
when I have sex with other girls who are not my girlfriend
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
kissing is fine with me. I told my girlfriend make out with a few of my best friends and they returned the favor with their girlfriends I found it rather exciting to be honest. No jealousy at all.

But sharing vag/penis isn't cool unless i'm involved. Also if you try to hide cheating from somebody it makes it 10X worse. My girlfriend has only kissed someone once and it was on new years because I wasn't there. She felt bad but it was cool with me.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Last edited by MetalMegaMan at Jan 14, 2009,
When I made out all night with another girl while my girlfriend was sleeping at home :[.
High as tits
Quote by Le_Bunny
At the point where you'd feel too guilty to tell your gf/bf about it.

more or less.

but what some people might feel guilty about, others wouldn't.

but i think that is a pretty good idea of what i would consider it.

Quote by alaskan_ninja
If your bf/gf would get pissed if they caught you, it's probably cheating.

and that.

but again, not everyone is going to feel the same about certain things.
Kissing and whatever else happens after...but I dunno my friends think it's ok if they aren't around...kinda messed up but it's cool it's not me
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
insertion = cheating
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
its not cheating if u put peanut butter on ur balls and let ur dog lick it off...u know, cause its YOUR dog
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Anything that I would be angry about if they were to do it. So just about anything intimate. Obviously not a hug or kiss on the cheek. Lip kiss... That's a tricky one with all kind of variable...

Edit:
Quote by daytripper75
but what some people might feel guilty about, others wouldn't.

Too true. A lot of people are capable of rationalizing just about anything so as to not make themselves feel guilty.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Last edited by merfsullivan at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by wizards?
oh...

You saw my post in the relationship thread....

I'd say kissing as well, even though I kind of kissed my best friend today and she's got a boyfriend...

Yes I did mister...

...don't worry about it though, I still love you
Kissing, I didn't think too much of it until it happened to me but it's pretty bad i'd say. I forgave though!
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by MetalMegaMan
kissing is fine with me. I told my girlfriend make out with a few of my best friends and they returned the favor with their girlfriends I found it rather exciting to be honest. No jealousy at all.

But sharing vag/penis isn't cool unless i'm involved. Also if you try to hide cheating from somebody it makes it 10X worse. My girlfriend has only kissed someone once and it was on new years because I wasn't there. She felt bad but it was cool with me.

ya i agree, hiding it makes it so much worse. i just started going out with this one chick and i a little while ago i made out with her sister, its starting to eat at my now
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
IMO, any consensual interactions between genitalia outside of a relationship is cheating.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by jonnyrotten45
ya i agree, hiding it makes it so much worse. i just started going out with this one chick and i a little while ago i made out with her sister, its starting to eat at my now

Exactly because it makes it worse for both sides. The person who got cheated on is heartbroken because their partner is dishonest and unfaithful, but the person who cheated either feels bad for it or it bites them in the ass.

It's best just to tell somebody upfront that you did it. I tell every girl I've dated to tell me if they cheat on me and I will be more forgiving.
Okay so, with this wide array of answers...

Where is the line between feeling guilty and actual cheating? I'm sure my partner would hate it if I cuddled with someone or kissed his/her cheek, but is that really infidelity?

Kissing in general has interesting complications. What about kissing on the neck? That's not on the mouth but it's still intimate. Does it fall under kisses on the cheek? Where do you go with that?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal

Where is the line between feeling guilty and actual cheating? I'm sure my partner would hate it if I cuddled with someone or kissed his/her cheek, but is that really infidelity?

Kissing in general has interesting complications. What about kissing on the neck? That's not on the mouth but it's still intimate. Does it fall under kisses on the cheek? Where do you go with that?

No kisses at all..if she needed kisses from someone else, why would I be here?
Quote by severed-metal
No kisses at all..if she needed kisses from someone else, why would I be here?

Yeah, but you can kiss your mother on the cheek and it wouldn't mean shit, other than affection anyway. What if you kiss a friend somewhere other than their mouth?
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal

I would say cuddling and kissing on the cheek would just really be close friend business.

I think a kiss to the mouth would be cheating, as that's something you should really only do with someone you care enough about to be with =/.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I don't draw the line at a level of intimacy, I draw my line at context. Anyone can fool around outside of the relationship and this is simply a mistake. Covering up said fooling around or doing it repeatedly is cheating. Of course that doesn't mean that making a mistake isn't itself grounds for breakup and other actions like that.
Aw dammit, I thought this thread was about handy hints for exams and whatnot. There goes my first class.
*leaves thread grumbling*
Quote by vintage x metal

Neck is getting too intimate. Kisses on the cheek are fine with me. I don't like it when my girlfriend cuddles with other guys because that's my job and I'm good at it, same with forking. Using tongue is okay as long as I'm present and she has permission

But if you do anything while I'm not present you better tell me because if I find out your ass is grass.
Last edited by MetalMegaMan at Jan 14, 2009,
having intimate relationships with someone other than your partner without the partner approving.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by vintage x metal
Yeah, but you can kiss your mother on the cheek and it wouldn't mean shit, other than affection anyway. What if you kiss a friend somewhere other than their mouth?

The friend will have a different connection with her, than with someone like your mother. The friend isn't blood related.

It's just wierd, why would she feel the need to kiss someone else?
Doing it with another person. Duh.
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Well obviously, if I look directly at my partners test, that would fall under cheating for me. BUT, I would consider a few quick glances merely studying your partners test. But I guess it really depends on the person.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Anything physical that is done to someone in a sexual manner and done to someone who is not you bf/gf/husband/wife/lover....
Quote by Perfection 101
If we all had this guy's clarity of thought, world peace would ensue

Quote by Zugunruhe
incidentally, there are absolutely no results for "bizzare anal kazoo" on google.

Quote by severed-metal
The friend will have a different connection with her, than with someone like your mother. The friend isn't blood related.

If you believe most Christians, the whole world is committing incest.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
having intimate relationships with someone other than your partner without the partner approving.

You've summarized almost everything I just said. Thank you
Quote by valennic
If you believe most Christians, the whole world is committing incest.

Quote by severed-metal

I dunno, some people are more affectionate than other. I personally am very affectionate and so I am often kissing my friends on the cheek or hands, just as a normal hello and a recognition of platonic love. I calmed it down a lot when I had a boyfriend, of course, since I'm sure he wasn't too pleased, but it really didn't mean anything.

Anyway, I'm not disagreeing with you; this is more for sake of discussion than anything.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I don't mind hugs cause' i hug girls when i'm in a relationship, but kissing is a no no.
Sail upon the open skies
Page 1 of 2