Im looking into a new guitar.
$800 Range.
Classic Rock/Blues/Anything really.
Probably going to get a Gibby LP Studio and put Page Burstbuckers in it, if I can find em :/

Still open for suggestions.

Already have a Peavey Reactor (Tele copy) and like it pretty well.

Going to try and get a new amp for my birthday in Oct. Seeing as how the guitar will be more realistic now with income tax coming back...the amp would be easy to get later on.

I just want to hear some alternate options that I can look into
I play on a Vintage Gibson Hollowbody and I'll tell ya, if you're lookin for a nice crisp sound similar to blues riffs, seriously consider hollowbody. Semi-hollow at least.
Im just now getting into blues, so I have no idea how big I will be into it, I play alot more classic rock stuff than anything.

Also Epi LPs are another option, because I played a Gibby LP Standard, and loved it, but thats just out of the question.

Just any suggestions would be nice.

Classic Rock is my main style.
Last edited by Payton Ratliff at Jan 14, 2009,
Get a japanese LP copy
Edwards, Burny, Greco, Tokai, Epiphone Elitist, Ibanez, etc.
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
I was actually thinking about a Strat. But I like the warm tones of a LP compared to the twangy like sound from a Strat.

But, then again, I haven't played very many Strats.

Are there any that deliver the fat, warm sound of a LP?
Strat tones and LP tones are inherently different due to their pickups, wood, scale lengths and bodies size. I guess you could thicken the strat sound by slapping in some buckers and adjusting your EQ settings though it will never sound exactly like an LP
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
What kind of amp do you have?

EDIT: Didn't read carefully. With that budget, I think maybe an Epi LP of some kind or a a Gibson ES copy would be nice.

For pick-ups, I say ask CorduroyEW to wind you some. www.rockmonkeyguitars.com
Last edited by Iceman 420 at Jan 15, 2009,
I think in Epi's it's all a matter of finishes. Seeing as they pretty much all come with Alnicos.

Im really digging that Epi Standard Plus Top.

P/ups will be changed later down the road (after an amp) as I am starting to get pretty good as a guitarist, and searching for that good tone.

Its basically Low End Gibson (which I imagine would gain value as it ages)
or
High End Epi (which will gain value as well)
Chances are, neither will gain value. The Gibson probably has a better chance of retaining value though

With those two choices, I would choose a high end Epi. Make sure you play it first though.
Yeah I'm thinkin High End Epi, because later when I get a job and get my own place and stuff I can always nab up a Gibson.

Besides it isn't like I am doing shows (yet) it is possible that I will be asked to be in a side project for a band though, as the idea has been thrown around.

Plus I can always buy P/ups if I really find it necessary.

Thoughts?
I am planning to buy a new guitar I browse the web and found this epiphone limited ed wilshire guitar its price is less cheaper and one of the top seller in the web,do this guitar have a good quality?
TS, don't get the cheap gibson studio.

At least get a vox VT15 or something... you'll regret having a nice guitar and a cheap amp, and i speak from personal experience. What amp do you have now? I could pretty much guarantee that epiphone amp won't be much better, maybe worse. Pawning it would be almost impossible, you might get $20-$50 for the amp if you're lucky.

I say get an epiphone les paul of some sort, and a vox valvetronix amp.