Ok, please don't flame me for Line 6.

I have a Spider III 30 and whenever I turn it on, it makes a crackling sound and either turns the volume way down, or muffles the sound a lot.

Is there anything I can do about this that you guys know of?

Quote by frnzd
Quote by gamebreaker
I think semen would be our biggest export...
We'd build an industry around it.

Quote by GymboJones
Hmm... blown speaker? Just a guess, but I'm not really sure.

that's probably the problem, I'd check that out.

when you say the volume goes down and becomes muffled, what happens when u try to move the volume knobs and change channels/ etc, does anything change?
Well it might be, because when I jam with my drummer friend the volume is on close to full, but that wouldn't blow it would it?

I'm taking it to L&M depending on how much they charge for repairs

EDIT: Yeah when I change the channel it goes normal, or reset the channel it does too, but it quickly goes back to the muffling.

Quote by frnzd
Quote by gamebreaker

Um, I don't have a Spider 3 but check your guitar pickups and your wire. When I get fuzz or crackles I check my pickups or cable. Believe it or not, some cables will fuzz on different amps. Cheap build is usually the blame.
I literally just posted this earlier haha Im going to get rid of mine

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em
Quote by _A.D.I.D.A.S._
Um, I don't have a Spider 3 but check your guitar pickups and your wire. When I get fuzz or crackles I check my pickups or cable. Believe it or not, some cables will fuzz on different amps. Cheap build is usually the blame.

I should have mentioned that. One of my cables was broken, and I didn't even notice. It gave these same problems.
I just replaced the cable not even a week ago, and still the same problem...
If they say nothing is wrong with my amp, then I guess I will check the pickups on my guitar.

Quote by frnzd
Quote by gamebreaker

Sounds like a blown speaker... the cost of a decent one will be expensive, lol.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by GymboJones
I should have mentioned that. One of my cables was broken, and I didn't even notice. It gave these same problems.

My first cable began to give me fuzz and if I wiggle the cable fuzz would go away and come back. I then borrowed a cable from my church and no more fuzz.
Quote by Conehead
I just replaced the cable not even a week ago, and still the same problem...
If they say nothing is wrong with my amp, then I guess I will check the pickups on my guitar.

I highly doubt it's your guitar. When you take your amp in bring your guitar with and try it out with a couple different amps there and see if it does the same thing.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.