Does anyone else have family in their band?

My brother is my drummer, and its great cause we will literally just jam away on our tunes, and it works wonders for the chemistry.
I was in a band with my twin for a year and half we never really jammed between band practices tho never really thought bout it
History has shown that such things work well.

Dimebag and Vinnie, for example...
Quote by AA00P
History has shown that such things work well.

Dimebag and Vinnie, for example...

ed and alex...wolfgang too.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
My first band had me on vocals and rhythm and my brother on bass - we played well together, but we clashed far too much on musical direction. Its pretty much what destroyed the band...sadly family involvement in bands doesn't always go well.
Equipment:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Fender Standard Telecaster
Fender 50th Anniversary Stratocaster
Guild D-40 Richie Havens Signature Model
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
I sure wish I had the chance to jam with my father.
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
I was in a band with my little brother. He was the drummer. It was awsome. We jammed alot.
My drummer and bassist are brother and sister. Between the three of us, we have the greatest chemistry of any band I've ever been in.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
No
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
we have a family band that randomly form at parties and we unleash some tasty 4 part harmony vocals. Always good fun
Fender P Bass Mex

Guitar Set Up
Fender Strat Mex (Modded)
Toadwords Leo Jr
Vox Wah V847
Electro Harmonix LBP-1
Line 6 FM4
Boss DD-20
TC Electronic Tuner
Orange Tiny Terror(ist)

Check out my band
www.asparagusnow.com
well, as an example, kings of leon are all brothers (even the touring keyboard player) except the bass player, who is their cousin.
but my brother plays bass in my band, while i play guitar, the other guitarist and the vocalist are cousins and the drummers cousin is our roadie.
Has anyone noticed that the younger sibling (mostly brothers it would seem) mostly play drums? Thats pretty interesting i think. Like, they want to something similyr to what their "role model" (face it, when you were young you probably looked up to your older brother/sister) is doing, but not the complete same thing? Just my theory.

Anyway, it seems to work for Airbourne, two of them are brothers. And what do you know, the older one is the lead guitar and the younger one is the drummer.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
AC/DC anyone?
But no, my little bro isn't in my band. Yet. I say yet cause our current singer sucks, and we might replace him with my bro.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by sabres61
ed and alex...wolfgang too.

Err.. wolfgang? yeah, buddy...

My parents are both musicaly retarded, but my sister will be good in a couple years if she keeps at it. She has quite a low voice so we sound really good together. We'll see:P
willy and chris adler (lamb of god)
all three of the guys in Krisian are brothers. it should turn out well because band mates are like brothers. you fight about stupid sh*t and you have to live to geather. sounds like an advantage if you've put up with him this long. and you can hit him and no lawsuits
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Boss pedals drain power like a girlfriend drains your bank account.

GEAR:
4 string warwick corvette $$ BO

acustic 200 head & 410 cab
I've got two brothers and a sister, non of which are particularly musical, which I'm pretty glad about to be honest, I honestly couldn't imagine being in a band with one of my siblings without blood being spilt somewhere along the lines, we all love each other, but you know how siblings can be sometimes.
That said, I sometimes jam with my daughter, even played a gig with her..... but she's only 9 so a full time band thing is out of the question really.
Van Halen ftw???

But, anyways, it seems to work out for my friends band, they're brothers and one plays drums and one plays guitar. Then they found someone to play bass. They're really good actually.
Quote by Declan87

My parents are both musicaly retarded, but my sister will be good in a couple years if she keeps at it. She has quite a low voice so we sound really good together. We'll see:P

The Van Halen family.
our singer and drummer are first cousins but i dont have any musicians in my immediate family
Quote by Declan87

In case you didn't know, Wolfgang is Eddie's son.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
My older brother plays drums and sings, and I play guitar, but we're not in a band together but we've jammed a few times together and things do always seem to go well, sorta like family musical communication during jamming = topnotch
Blogging is Narrating your life to a world that doesn't care.
Then there's the Schenker family, Rudy (Scorpians) Michael (Scorpians, UFO, MSG) and I believe they also have a sister who's a keyboard player for some German band.
yeah, my older brother & i are starting a band & we're both gunna b guitarist, but the stress making problem is that we can't decide whos lead, we play in different styles so our solos are different, i think we might just split the role between songs...other than that its great, cus we can play all the time, & our rooms have a joined together walk in closet, so we just open the doors & jam
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
my twin brother is the bassist and the drummer is our cousin.
definitely helps the chemistry but my brother is always complaining about how much i play..so that blows. idk it has its pros and cons
My father played guitar for years before I was around, and he still does. We jam sometimes and talk about gear alot- he used to have a freaking recording studio and all these amazing guitars... GRRR!
My little brother and I jam sometimes too. If we give him sometime I'm sure he could get pretty good.

I could probably not imagine being in a band with either... probably because we drink and **** together. having a 12 year old around for that is just awkward
My older brother plays drums in my band

altho that band is on the back burner for now, so we're starting a new band. He's a dynamite backing vocalist too.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Ive all ways wanted to start a band with my older bro since he is so nasty at bass, but we have different musical tastes so it hasnt worked out. Also he has a knack for criticizing my technique.
Quote by slaptasticdave
My older brother plays drums in my band

altho that band is on the back burner for now, so we're starting a new band. He's a dynamite backing vocalist too.

OLDER BROTHER! Pffft, fag. Everyone knows the younger brother plays drums.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
^^^

i jam with my dad sometimes.. he is mainly a blues player and i play metal...so it doesnt always work out
The lead guitarist and bassist in my band are cousins. I've never had any problems arise from it...it's pretty cool, haha.
It seems to work for a lot of bands- Van Halen, Pantera (well it did work), Lamb Of God, etc.

Unfortuneately no one in my family is into anything close to what I listen to except my one cousin but she doesn't play any instruments. My only sibling is my one sister and she absolutely apalls (sp?) the stuff I'm really into (death, thrash, etc.). It's a shame because she's got an absolutely incredible voice and my drummer and I are in desperate need of a singer.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you