So my band and I have played a few gigs and we're looking for new stuff to add to our gigs to add more depth and awesomeness (lol) to them. Someone suggested using a visualizer like the one in iTunes to play behind the drummer. Does anyone have any idea how to do that for a live gig and of any software that would allow us to have it play during a live gig? We'd like to have it play with the beats and all that. Any help will be appreciated.
what about people that have ADD??
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Just because a daewoo dealership has a tune-up service doesn't mean that the ****ers know what they're doing (no offense to anyone who drives a daewoo. pleas don't torture your little one cylinder engines to mow my lawn and bump into me)
not sure about programs to make it go with the beat but u could always just do rough recordings of ur songs and play em through a program lik itunes on a laptop connected to a projector or put em on an xbox 360 the visualizations on em are pretty sweet too plus u could get someone too control em with the controller lol
Quote by Scary Cow
not sure about programs to make it go with the beat but u could always just do rough recordings of ur songs and play em through a program lik itunes on a laptop connected to a projector or put em on an xbox 360 the visualizations on em are pretty sweet too plus u could get someone too control em with the controller lol

LOL that's a good idea! Yeah, I'll have to put that one in. I can see a random guy in the audience with a 360 controller pausing and stopping it in random orders.
yea just a projector and a laptop with music you music playing, so then it really does go with your music, b/c it is your music lol, and just have the volume all the way down on the laptop, and project the image on a white screen or something.
Quote by Rockin'15
^bump^

Not cool dog.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
Check the Terms of Use for iTunes - it may well have something in it like 'This may not be used as live performance art' or something similar.

Of course, it doesn't really matter if you do something that's technically a breach, because they're almost certain never to find out, but it's worth remembering if you ever start to be more successful - you'll have to stop pretty sharpish.

I'd personally recommend G-Force http://www.soundspectrum.com/

It looks better than either iTunes or Windows Media Player, and you can license it to be shown as part of a gig or similar.
Am I able to play say the guitar and have the G-Force visualizer visualize the guitar? And what about the WhiteCap visualizer that is right next to G-Force on the website?
You'd have to record the guitar part beforehand. Not sure how to make it truly live; possibly find a recording program that has a visualizer on it?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Alright, thanks for all your help guys. Any word about the WhiteCap visualizer though?
1) Projectors are very expensive
2) Projectors are very easy to break - you must get a hard case!

The 'record the guitar first' idea is utterly ludicrous - just make sure your chosen software can use a variety of input sources, and use a microphone. Since sound quality is irrelevant it doesn't need to be a studio condenser, one of those little $10 pc desk mics will do fine.
We once placed a projector in the roof pointing on the stage.
the projector was connected to a computer that had windows media playing looping a song without any audio, of course
You like it
If you were technologically inclined you could learn Max/MSP/Jitter and do it all in realtime? But that would take lots of time, money, learning, and programming.
Quote by hollow1928years
If you were technologically inclined you could learn Max/MSP/Jitter and do it all in realtime? But that would take lots of time, money, learning, and programming.

I was thinking of suggesting that, but I think the time and money obstacles are probably more than the TS wants to go through.

But, if you do want to go through with it, the results could potentially be much more interesting/interactive than a visualizer.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by psychodelia
I was thinking of suggesting that, but I think the time and money obstacles are probably more than the TS wants to go through.

But, if you do want to go through with it, the results could potentially be much more interesting/interactive than a visualizer.

Does anyone have a link to this?
Wouldn't having a background visualization possibly seem gimmicky and detract from the attention that's focussed on your music and stage antics, though?

The Windows Media Player animations are probably too well-known and although it would be hilarious, I'm not sure it would seem too professional or cool.
Mmm. maybe getting nice lights and smoke machines or whatever would be a more effective use of a lot of money. With nice lights, you can do wonders. And it won't detract from the actual show. Which a visualiser might.
Just because it's simple, doesn't mean it's bad.