Page 1 of 2
I took a few tests ( online and irl ) and I'm Narcissistic. My dad and my sister also are.

I do not want talk to my mother about it nor a psychiatrist.

Talking to my dad and sister is both impossible, dad lives in another continent and works everyday, while sister also lives in another continent and has better things to do.

Anyone there whom are also narcissistic and have any tips or advice for me ?

Friends of mine always bring up that sometimes I need serious anger management. It's gotten that I shout at friends for stepping on my shoes, or sometimes I just talk about myself way too much, or just consider myself better than everyone. I can never lose an argument as I choose to always find my argument better even if it isn't ( I haven't realized this until History class debates and psychology classes ). I've tried to change myself with no one else helping me but it's just a state of mind I cannot fight and is just natural to me.

Thanks Guys, this is a serious thread, you can go ahead and say whatever you like but some help would be truly appreciated.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
I'm no Psych, but all I can say is just take a huge chill pill. Not to sound like a stoner, but seriously if you just get an apathetic mood about everything, it all becomes much easier to deal with.
Common sense is becoming such and uncommon trait.
Quote by underOATH7_7_7
I'm no Psych, but all I can say is just take a huge chill pill. Not to sound like a stoner, but seriously if you just get an apathetic mood about everything, it all becomes much easier to deal with.

I smoke weed daily, I've experimented with psychedelics and love them. ( shrooms, ecstasy ) But it hasn't helped me or made me worse.
Quote by illuminatiano
I smoke weed daily, I've experimented with psychedelics and love them. ( shrooms, ecstasy ) But it hasn't helped me or made me worse.

Alrighty, well then here's my other piece of advice.
It's a damn online quiz dude, don't take it seriously. If you're seriously worried about this talk to a doctor, trusted friend/counselor, or a parent.
Common sense is becoming such and uncommon trait.
so you love yourself, or ur very self centered?

The only thing i can think of to help is try looking at other people's situations and not think about yourself too much.

I'm sorry, I checked the wiki page and I can't really understand said case. But this is the only thing that seems like it'll work.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
I agree, this isn't something to be too worried about. Everyone has things about themselves they'd like to change, and in your recognising these characteristics you've shown that you want to change them. That's all you need to begin changing them, and if you think it's not at least you're aware, and in time will come to a point where you really do want to change. Take it one step at a time, write down what sort of person you want to be and what qualities you want to possess.

And attitude!
Quote by antianti99
The pit definitely do you half as good as a professional psychiatrist.

I do not trust psychiatrists as they might say to my parents that the cause of it is drugs which is unrelevant and false. I know this because I know a kid who had depression, went to a psychiatrist, and the psychiatrist told the parents that ecstasy made him trigger a depression. It might be true or false, I don't care about that, it's just that my case is different and I do not want my parents to know.

EDIT : And to the guy who said it was just an online quiz, I did say that I took tests in real life ( real ones ) and online ones.

It's just a state of mind in which it might not sound that bad, but it is. To me, everyone around me is incompetent, I get pissed for the slightest of things creating an awkward or just bad situation. People who make dumb comments in real life or just for example in Facebook are just not worthy to be respected. There was this girl on Facebook who had made some silly comments, and I just flamed her out and she told me I was an asshole, I told her she was an idiot and wouldn't become anything, etc...
Last edited by illuminatiano at Jan 14, 2009,
Try getting close to someone. It's extremely humbling and you have to learn to be really tolerant to manage to stay close to someone.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Try getting close to someone. It's extremely humbling and you have to learn to be really tolerant to manage to stay close to someone.

I have a girlfriend which I frequently talk to about my problems and is understandable about everything. But I'm afraid she cannot help me.
Quote by illuminatiano
I have a girlfriend which I frequently talk to about my problems and is understandable about everything. But I'm afraid she cannot help me.

Well that's the thing, if she;s understandable about everything then you have nothing to work with You could try getting close to one of the family members you mentioned
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by illuminatiano
It's just a state of mind in which it might not sound that bad, but it is. To me, everyone around me is incompetent, I get pissed for the slightest of things creating an awkward or just bad situation. People who make dumb comments in real life or just for example in Facebook are just not worthy to be respected. There was this girl on Facebook who had made some silly comments, and I just flamed her out and she told me I was an asshole, I told her she was an idiot and wouldn't become anything, etc...

HOLY CRAP! You sound just like my sister! I knew there was something medically wrong with here!
What test did you take? I think I'm pretty Narcissist and I've been told by family that I am.

Quote by illuminatiano

That is me, my friend. I will flip out on anyone who makes a slightly stupid comment. My friend acts like a pretty stereotypical girl sometimes. You know she will be like "omg the sky is blue! Blue is sooo kwool! Do u lik blue!? Haha I'm so random." And I will flip my sh*t on her for being dumb. I can't stand it when people try to fit in and think the world is pretty corrupt and people are dumb.

I need help.
Last edited by The_Paranoia at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by tonedeafidiot
HOLY CRAP! You sound just like my sister! I knew there was something medically wrong with here!

Har har har...

But it's more serious than you think.

What I think is I need is someone who also legibly has Narcissism and can help me.

EDIT : I went to a psychiatrist's office and asked her for tests on personality disorders, she gave me a bunch of papers with different disorders tests and there were 2 about Narcissism. I've also looked everywhere online for definitions of the word and boards where people talked about it and it basically just describes me perfectly.
If you're already explicitly aware of the behavior, you can make a conscious effort to curtail your problem. Just try to stop being narcissistic-you'll get better about it.

We're the real life tests valid or something out of the back of Cosmo? Online tests are a load of crap.
Well, I suggest seeing a psychologist regardless of what your're afraid of. It's better than living unhappy. I dont believe there's much of a correlation between pot smoking and narcissism. Narcissism is believed to be a personality trait, not a chemical imbalance. So I dont think your psychologist will suggest weed as a cause since it changes your brain chemicals temporarily.

Read this...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder
Quote by illuminatiano
I do not trust psychiatrists as they might say to my parents that the cause of it is drugs which is unrelevant and false

Doctor/Patient confidentiality? Just go to someone proffessional
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
Quote by The_Paranoia
What test did you take? I think I'm pretty Narcissist and I've been told by family that I am.

That is me, my friend. I will flip out on anyone who makes a slightly stupid comment. My friend acts like a pretty stereotypical girl sometimes. You know she will be like "omg the sky is blue! Blue is sooo kwool! Do u lik blue!? Haha I'm so random." And I will flip my sh*t on her for being dumb. I can't stand it when people try to fit in and think the world is pretty corrupt and people are dumb.

I need help.

you might not need help if people around you accept you for it.

But I've really hurt past girlfriends, best friends and just people I didn't know without meaning to. And I really want to stop...

And I have made conscious effort to hide it, I have for the past 2 months now, but sometimes I just cannot control it. I have bashed out at teachers for being incompetent with their teachings and I've also been kicked out of sunday schools for debating in classes and trying to spread atheism and agnosticism and just flat out swearing out at everyone for being idiots.
1. has a grandiose sense of self-importance
2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3. believes that he or she is "special" and unique
4. requires excessive admiration
5. has a sense of entitlement
6. is interpersonally exploitative
7. lacks empathy
8. is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her
9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Yup, sounds like my sister.
Quote by illuminatiano

I'm somewhat the same, except I don't tell people off. You need to have some self-control over what you say.
I dont wanna sound like a prick, but you sound like a fuc ki ng PRICK!

chill out ffs, you actually care if ppl step on your shoes? You've got some bad wiring upstairs that needs to be checked out.

EDIT: stop smoking weed, it ****s up your perception of others' intentions and motives, leading to ****ed up sense of everything else.
Last edited by Pernell at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by deadkenedy
Doctor/Patient confidentiality? Just go to someone proffessional

Maybe I'm wrong but if he's under 18...they may be allowed to find out.
What is already frightening to me is that as much as you guys can tell me to see a professional would better, and I think not, your guy's opinions are probably good but I choose myself to have a better opinion than you guys so I don't know what to do. Hope that made sense.

and Parnell, thanks you ignorant piece of ****. Try reading up about it before talking. It's a state of mind that is natural to me and that I can't change just like that.
Quote by illuminatiano
What is already frightening to me is that as much as you guys can tell me to see a professional would better, and I think not, your guy's opinions are probably good but I choose myself to have a better opinion than you guys so I don't know what to do. Hope that made sense.

Well then howcome you asked us for our opinions? Sometimes you've got to step outside the comfort zone a bit and take a leap.
Quote by illuminatiano
you might not need help if people around you accept you for it.

But I've really hurt past girlfriends, best friends and just people I didn't know without meaning to. And I really want to stop...

And I have made conscious effort to hide it, I have for the past 2 months now, but sometimes I just cannot control it. I have bashed out at teachers for being incompetent with their teachings and I've also been kicked out of sunday schools for debating in classes and trying to spread atheism and agnosticism and just flat out swearing out at everyone for being idiots.

People don't accept it. I've lost a large number of friends due to it. I always get compared to House (the guy on the TV show.) People who I used to be really good friends with have stopped talking to me altogether. I've ruined relationships and girls are afraid to talk to me. My ex wouldn't even fight with me because "there is no point because I will always argue until she gives up and agrees."

EDIT: stop smoking weed, it ****s up your perception of others' intentions and motives, leading to ****ed up sense of everything else.

Quote by Audio01
Well then howcome you asked us for our opinions? Sometimes you've got to step outside the comfort zone a bit and take a leap.

I need to bring myself up that this is a good idea. I'll try reading up about it and asking about it on psychiatrist boards to convince myself, because I am not convinced.

And The Paranoia, it's good to know someone else out there is just like me. Narcissism has ****ed my life hard sometimes.
Quote by illuminatiano
I need to bring myself up that this is a good idea. I'll try reading up about it and asking about it on psychiatrist boards to convince myself, because I am not convinced.

And The Paranoia, it's good to know someone else out there is just like me. Narcissism has ****ed my life hard sometimes.

OK, good luck.
Quote by Pernell

chill out ffs, you actually care if ppl step on your shoes? You've got some bad wiring upstairs that needs to be checked out.

He's trying to seek help for it. That takes a lot of humility and courage. You're the one being a prick right now, so I suggest you fuck off until you can think of something more proactive to say.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by illuminatiano

I hear ya. People think that I (we) are like that purposely when I would give anything to not be so judgmental towards people. But flaws are just so obvious to me and if you make a mistake I feel like you shouldn't be aloud in the gene pool anymore.

Ex; In Biology today we were working on a study thing for an exam. The teacher explains some stuff and 3 minuets later a girl asks what were doing and how this works. I called her a moron and all her friends flipped out on me. I don't WANT to think that but, well you get it.
Quote by The_Paranoia
I hear ya. People think that I (we) are like that purposely when I would give anything to not be so judgmental towards people. But flaws are just so obvious to me and if you make a mistake I feel like you shouldn't be aloud in the gene pool anymore.

Ex; In Biology today we were working on a study thing for an exam. The teacher explains some stuff and 3 minuets later a girl asks what were doing and how this works. I called her a moron and all her friends flipped out on me. I don't WANT to think that but, well you get it.

That happens to me all the time. Today I was taking my Physics exam and some other class finished like halfway through the exam. They were being the loudest they could possibly get. It pissed me off so much I opened the door and screamed at them that they are all ****ing idiots who don't understand that some people are actually trying to do well in school. One of them called me a pothead and I called him names that I am embarrassed to say because they were extremely offensive, and that I should have realized better. The teacher inside told me to go to the principal's office but I told her to leave me the **** alone, and that she is bad at her job because I've seen her how she lets people do whatever they want in her class and she just shut up and went out. I then finished the exam with everyone staring at me and then I finally went to the principal's office... I'm really ashamed of it.
Quote by Pernell

THIS x10

So you are concieted and you get angry easily. Whether or not you took some online tests or decided to give your bad attitude a different name, you are still a 1st grade dickhead if you're going to flip out on other people over little things like stepping on your shoes. If you have a mental disorder, get professional help. If not, keep it to yourself and make some attitude adjustments!

Quote by The_Paranoia

yeah, I get it. You're a total prick and you can't keep your mouth shut. 'flaws are so obvious to me'? Drink bleach, you arrogant moron.
Last edited by priest.fan. at Jan 14, 2009,
Don't worry about it so much.
I'm a bit like that and I've still got great friends.

About the anger thing, I'd advise you to spend some time alone just thinking about the things that make you angry. You should eventually find yourself digging deeper past the petty things and find out what really makes you angry.
My uncle is a narcissist or w/e u spell yea, he got shot up by the other narcs down in mexico when the deal went sour... Proud to say my uncle no longer a drug dealer.
Quote by priest.fan.
THIS x10

So you are concieted and you get angry easily. Whether or not you took some online tests or decided to give your bad attitude a different name, you are still a 1st grade dickhead if you're going to flip out on other people over little things like stepping on your shoes. If you have a mental disorder, get professional help. If not, keep it to yourself and make some attitude adjustments!

yeah, I get it. You're a total prick and you can't keep your mouth shut. 'flaws are so obvious to me'? Drink bleach, you arrogant moron.

You really don't sound like any less of a prick, asshole.

This thread makes me sad.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
You really don't sound like any less of a prick, asshole.

This thread makes me sad.

oh, I'm sorry, I'm prone to random angry outbursts due to my narcissism. Which makes it ok.

do you perhaps see my point now?
Page 1 of 2