I'm checkin out which kind of effect I should get for bass and am lookin at getting either a synth or a delay bass pedal. If anyone has a cheap suggestion (cause I'm broke as hell) please add it to the list. But I was lookin around on youtube and saw that a couple guys were using a Boss DD6 digital delay pedal for guitar on their bass. Let's just say I bought this, why shouldn't i use it? It sounds pretty good on guitar and bass so I figure it might be worth getting but will it like get blown out if I use it on bass?
delay happens to be an effect that works pretty equally for both guitar, bass, and whatever else you feed into it. the DD6 will do just fine.
^^not necessarily helpful.
Quote by the humanity

think pokemon
Pete Wentz sig reaches level 32, it evolves into Mark Hoppus bass.
Mark Hoppus bass uses tone knob!
it's super unneffective!
id just plug it into your computer and use like garage band and customize your effects on there.
that's what i do.
Quote by Necrotic
id just plug it into your computer and use like garage band and customize your effects on there.
that's what i do.

You cant use garage band to gig though.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
i use a dd7 delay. its nice. when you put like a tiny bit of modulation it gives your bass a really awesome trashy tone.

my bug muff also works for bass
Last edited by GoWithTheFlow at Jan 14, 2009,
delay works for all i run my microphone thru it for the best harmonizing back up vocals u ever did hear lol
Keep On Keepen' On
Quote by Mootallica
You cant use garage band to gig though.
\
You could run through any number of programs during a gig.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Some effects work quite well for both instruments. Delay would be one, and I believe flanger won't hurt your sound either(depending on whether or not you enjoy the sound a flanger stompbox produces).
Hi.