Im looking for a prs style guitar (set or neck thru) but with a wizard thin neck because my hands are small as hell. Will this totally kill my tone?

Also could i use rosewood or would i need to use multi laminate to avoid warping?
How would it have anything to do with your tone?

Gibson SGs are set neck and have thin necks, but not as thin a wizard.

You could certainly get someone to make you one, but I don't really know anything else off the top of my head.

Are you talking about building one? You should probably do some laminating for strength. Wizard necks are laminated maple and roswewood or another dark wood I think.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
What makes is riskier on those contruction types rather than with a bolt on?

(Just out of curiosity.)
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
where would one get this truss rod?
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by Øttər
What makes is riskier on those contruction types rather than with a bolt on?

(Just out of curiosity.)

^this

Quote by metalwoarrios40
where would one get this truss rod?

^and this

EDIT: Answered my questions just as I was typing them out, dang.
I see now.

So it would be possible, just not practicle, due the likelihood of a problem and the diffuculty/impossibility of replaceing the neck?

And I suppose you would need to skullfuck the trussrod out of a preexisting wizard neck, yeah?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by LP Addict
one doesnt get this truss rod.

simply because if a bolt on neck warps, you can replace it in 3 minutes.

What if you built said neck like you were Kyle H. and did it with 5 laminates? Would it be safe then?
What if you built it out of lignum vitae spliced with carbon fibre?

And magic?

EDIT: Or just lignum vitae...
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
you wont find lignum vitae for neck stock. if you did you wouldnt be able to pick up your guitar, shape it, or machine it to begin with.

carbon fibre doesnt help with neck stability.

5 piece grain matched necks will only do so much, remember the part that the truss rod is pushing on is only one piece of wood, the chance of it cracking the back of the neck is always there, leave 1/8'' minimum space, which will give you a THIN ass neck.
Alright then, you've answered all my questions.

FunFax: Lignum Vitae is pronounced Lignum Weetie, or so my latin studying sister would have me believe.

ProTip: The Vah sound we associate with the letter V does not exist in latin. They say Vs like we say Ws.

How heavy is ironwood anyway? Provided enough for a standard sized strat neck existed, how much would it weigh?

Well I guess you didn't answer my questions after all .
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Øttər
Alright then, you've answered all my questions.

FunFax: Lignum Vitae is pronounced Lignum Weetie, or so my latin studying sister would have me believe.

ProTip: The Vah sound we associate with the letter V does not exist in latin. They say Vs like we say Ws.

How heavy is ironwood anyway? Provided enough for a standard sized strat neck existed, how much would it weigh?

Well I guess you didn't answer my questions after all .

True, I take latin myself

Tell your sis i said Salveo!
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
ummm, there was a hunk of it at a woodshow for pens, it was a small part of a trunk, bout 12'' long, 4'' diamater, it weighed about 19 pounds. you cannot dry it also, so you really cannot use it for anything on a guitar.
^^ My sister says she's too cool for latin now (id est she forgets what she learned (cwutididtahr with the latin i.e. ?))

And dear mother of **** that is some heavy wood.

LP Addict how do you know everything about trees?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
That is gangster.

What is (in theory/practice) the thinnest neck you can really build?

Also, would it even be worth it? I mean, yeah having thin necks is nice, but eventually won't people with normal sized hands just get cramps and stuff?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
if you suck at playing you get cramps, its all about position of the hand and getting used to things. you mostly hear about people getting carpal/hand cramps from buying a new ibanez and playing it continuously without getting used to the feel.

a truss rod depth is 3/8''
minimum space between neck and route = 1/8''

you can get away with a .18'' or so fingerboard probaly, so...
.68'' or so, safely. thats effing tiny.