Poll: Should American Idol stay or go?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should American Idol stay or go?
Stay!!! I love Paula Simon and Randy!
17 18%
Go!!!! Show's annoying as hell
79 82%
Voters: 96.
Page 1 of 2
What's your opinion on American Idol? Should it stay or should it go?

I personally feel that it's the most annoying show on television, and has been milked for all it's worth.

Also Paula Abdul, you clap like a retarded chimp.
Common sense is becoming such and uncommon trait.
Someone should kill Simon Cowell.

I don't care if his crappy find-a-disposible-pop-star shows disappear or not, I just want him dead.
I only like the auditions because some of them are ****ing hilarious.

Other than that, I hate it.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
I hate it so much. Words can't be used to express how much i hate *insert country here* Idol.
I think it's pretty gay and sad how people drool over the show...
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
Quote by FloyDZeD
I only like the auditions because some of them are ****ing hilarious.

Other than that, I hate it.

this
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
I hate it.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Someone should kill Simon Cowell.

I don't care if his crappy find-a-disposible-pop-star shows disappear or not, I just want him dead.

You alright dude,? You seem a bit tense
The show is annoying and the so called stars that win the show disappear within a year anyways. Its pointless.

(except for the few first episodes where they make fun of all those dumbasses. those are always good)
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Did anyone watch that spin off the WB did called WB Superstar where they found the worst singers they could and made them think they were amazing?
Quote by DZCunuck
The show is annoying and the so called stars that win the show disappear within a year anyways. Its pointless.

(except for the few first episodes where they make fun of all those dumbasses. those are always good)

Pointless except for, you know, that massive amount of money they make from the show itself.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
Jason Castro last season had awesome dreads. Also he was a pretty good singer. He certainly had the best taste in music based on what songs he chose to sing. Shoulda won.

Yeah, it kind of sucks, and the winners more often than not are not the best contestants, but it shouldn't go away because I am going to try and be on it. And I will sing good music, and also insult Simon and mock his accent.

Edit: Does anyone else find it funny that probably the two biggest stars the show has produced, Jennifer Hudson and Chris Daugherty, did not actually win?
kill all humans
Last edited by alaskan_ninja at Jan 14, 2009,
It shouldn't go, some people should just learn how to operate the channel changing feature on their television. No one's forcing you to watch it.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by merfsullivan
It shouldn't go, some people should just learn how to operate the channel changing feature on their television. No one's forcing you to watch it.

Way to rain on the parade dude, we had a great little Idol burn session going, and you had to ruin it by throwing in a logical reasonable thought.

Bastard
Am I the only one who finds Paula cute...?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by underOATH7_7_7
Did anyone watch that spin off the WB did called WB Superstar where they found the worst singers they could and made them think they were amazing?

I remember that....

that show was terribly hilarious.

The guy that won just ran off the stage after he thought he lost... little did he know that he was worse then the winner, hence he himself won.

after they revealed it to those two people I was a mix of ticked off and laughing...
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
Hambonicus, that was epic with a side of win

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Proud member of the "I don't believe in global warming clan".
Quote by aznrockerdude
Am I the only one who finds Paula cute...?

Yes...

She's really old looking. =X
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I used to watch only to see people humiliate themselves. But it should go away. How can being a good singer makes you America's Idol? Why should I idolize them? And too many people take it way too seriously.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Jason Castro last season had awesome dreads. Also he was a pretty good singer. He certainly had the best taste in music based on what songs he chose to sing. Shoulda won.

Yeah, it kind of sucks, and the winners more often than not are not the best contestants, but it shouldn't go away because I am going to try and be on it. And I will sing good music, and also insult Simon and mock his accent.

Edit: Does anyone else find it funny that probably the two biggest stars the show has produced, Jennifer Hudson and Chris Daugherty, did not actually win?

explain good music
I like watching the auditions. Usually they put on a pretty funny show, and then I'll watch the finals, but only if they're good.

David Cook's voice is really really good.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by Cheesemaster
explain good music

Stuff that is more out of the mainstream than what they usually have on there, and stuff with really good lyrics. Like some Jawbreaker if they give me the chance.
kill all humans
Quote by captivate
Yes...

She's really old looking. =X

RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I think they should bring back that fake American Idol show again, where they kept only the worst singers. That was gold.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Stuff that is more out of the mainstream than what they usually have on there, and stuff with really good lyrics. Like some Jawbreaker if they give me the chance.

so if a song is mainstream it ruins every right of it ever being considered good?
Quote by tonedeafidiot
I think they should bring back that fake American Idol show again, where they kept only the worst singers. That was gold.

Yea, that one was hilarious, but it wouldn't really work a second time. I'm pretty sure they might figure out the plot
If you hate it, don't watch it.

Doesn't seem that hard.

And the auditions are hilarious. If they made a dvd just for the bad auditions, I'd buy it. No joke.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I dont know about other countries but Australian Idol is total ****. The winners get a CD released.... That's it, that's the end of their career. Who the hell wants that?

Quote by Cheesemaster
so if a song is mainstream it ruins every right of it ever being considered good?

No but you get a bit sick of hearing certain songs played constantly on the radio 24/7

That 'Pictures of you, pictures of me' song is on every friggen' time i turn on the radio.
Last edited by Final !mpact at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by Cheesemaster

No. But a lot of mainstream music is created with the focus being on catchiness and mass popular appeal as opposed to musical or lyrical originality.
kill all humans
I enjoy watching the auditions because I like to watch the funny people and the people who suck, but eight season!? Come on! There only is one true American Idol and that's Michael Jackson, so yes I think the show should die. You never hear about any of the previous winners of American Idol except the occasional Kelly Clarkson. But she was from the first season so that's expected. Please go away American Id- Pop Idol.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
a bunch of small-minded jerks judging a bunch of small-minded flakes on who can be the most small-minded.

intelligent discourse or gtfo.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
No matter how annoying and terrible the show is, it's changed tons of people's lives.
Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Chris Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson to name a few. Most have disappeared but a few have stayed in the music business.

Anyway, off with it's head.

80th best UGer
Quote by alaskan_ninja
No. But a lot of mainstream music is created with the focus being on catchiness and mass popular appeal as opposed to musical or lyrical originality.

Eh your kind of right on that one, its all in the eye of the beholder, originalilty doesn't make it good, or lack of, I find Tool unoriginal and quite boring yet tons of people are obsessive over them, to the point of almost worship, to me that doesn't make them good
Quote by Cheesemaster
Eh your kind of right on that one, its all in the eye of the beholder, originalilty doesn't make it good, or lack of, I find Tool unoriginal and quite boring yet tons of people are obsessive over them, to the point of almost worship, to me that doesn't make them good

Well I wouldn't sing Tool songs.
kill all humans
Page 1 of 2