I recently got an ampeg svt 410he for a great deal, and since I was in the market for a new rig I decided to build one around it. Now the 410 can handle 400 watts at 8 ohms but the head I want, the acoustic b600h, produces 600 watts at 2 ohms. I also wanted to find a good 115 to complement the 410s very nice highs and mids. My questions are would the head and the 410 work together? Would they still work with an additional 115? And finally, if they don't work, what are some good heads that would.

Oh, I forgot to put the 115 I was looking at. It is the ampeg b115e which handles 200 watts at 8 ohms.
Quote by max355
Hating the 49rs is like hating the retarded kid in class.

The Cowboys, weed, and bass. My three loves
the head would be pushing roughly 200 watts at 8 ohms so it would work with the cab without blowing anything and if u bring in the 115 into the mix then ur amp will probably push 300 at 4 ohms so 150 watts or similar into each cab so they both would run fine and u'd have no problems
Keep On Keepen' On
I've heard some people have problems with underpowering cabs though.
Quote by max355

my amp produces something like 250 watts to each 600 watt cab i got and its plenty powered. they put the amp rating up high so they don't blow 400 watts is actually kinda low but trust me ull rattle the house
Keep On Keepen' On
i run 225 tube watts into two 400w rms 4x10's and have no problems at all with underpowering. it is a myth brought on by people thinking they can turn a SS amp up to 10 since their cabs can handle it. That creates some kind of high end distortion from the amp that is bad for the speakers...or something like that. I looked it up on Talkbass a long time ago and that's the jist i got from it.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
solid state amps hit there best performance level at like 4-5 any louder and it turns to **** even though u rarely need to go any louder at least that's what I've noticed tube amps tho its worth it to dummy load em o u can push em to the max
Keep On Keepen' On
I push mine to the max without power amp distortion(sometimes i get a little fuzz out of it) at practice anyway. we're loud. very loud. Full PA system and all in the barn. We've caught neighbors(in the country but they all live on the corners so they're nearby) sitting in their lawn listening to us actually. BTW I'm not mic'd while everyone else is.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Well, it's not the same amp but my head is also 600W@ 2-ohm, and it produces 225w@8-ohm, and 400W@ 4-ohm. Yours will probably be around 400W as well once you get the 15. You'll do just fine.
Nope, no sig here.
Im the person who feels its abd to underpower cabs badly. I just feel and from my experience that its better to try to run the cabinet close to what it can handle. It doesnt means its always true but thats just how i see it.

Youll be fine anyway, that ampeg cab has barely any low end btw.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
So far I haven't noticed the lack of low end too much but I have only gotten a chance to mess around on it a little. That's why I want the 115 though, well that and gigs.
Quote by max355

Ah it should be fine, Im still trying to put together a rig but cant find anything i want.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
10 inch speakers are very articulate but don't really give u that low end thump. it's hard to put together a rig especially if its on a tight budget lol
Keep On Keepen' On
I think it depenmds more on the type of cab then the speakers, concerning low end, i recon that he cab wasnt designed very well.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul