So, I have several auditions coming up where I need to play a bunch of different two octave scales (usually, when improvising I play over changes or figure out one octave scales). I need to show different ways of playing the Major and Harmonic, Natural and Melodic Minor (traditional not just the ascending form). I was wondering if anyone know where I could find a few different shapes (preferably but not necessarily with notation-as I can use solfege to keep track of what note I'm on) for each scale (preferable four shapes 2 with the root on the E string and 2 with the root on the A string).
Also, just for my own purposes if anyone knows of a place that has the same sort of deal with the altered dominant scale, blues scale, whole tone-diminished scale and Mixolydian and Dorian modes that would be fantastic. I checked a few stickies (though maybe not the correct one) and couldn't find anything to help.
Any help would be awesome.
Last edited by tehREALcaptain at Jan 14, 2009,
The theory sticky covers scale construction. Use it to build the scale all over the neck.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.