I have the crate v33h head with the crate 4x12 cabinet. I am experiencing a loud buzzing sound on my clean channel. Would anyone happen to know what might cause this?
Fender HSS Deluxe Special Edition
Scheckter C-1 classic
Orange rocker 30
A few boss pedals
I dunno..I am not sure how to check....
Scheckter C-1 classic
Orange rocker 30
A few boss pedals
is there anything around the amp or guitar that could interfere. ie a cell phone or anything wireless? is the amp plugged into a power strip?

does the sound happen when you arent playing?
Last edited by 51VH50 at Jan 14, 2009,
amp is plugged into a power strip along with a bunch of other amps.....
Scheckter C-1 classic
Orange rocker 30
A few boss pedals
Quote by josh3111
amp is plugged into a power strip along with a bunch of other amps.....

try running it straight thru into just a wall jack. the cleaner power might help. lemme know.
is it just the clean channel or others as well. I use to have bad luck with my cables that went from the guitar to the amp going bad. If they do go bad they do put out a buzzing noise/ sometimes crackling noise.

as for fret buzz, is to just play with a channel that you can you clearly hear your guitar, probably a clean setting (no fx or reverb). if when you play the notes "buzz" then its you guitar's action/neck screwing up.

It could also be your input jack on your guitar/amp/cab. I had my guitar's input jack come loose one time and it put out that kind of noise constantly

so could be a couple things from your description man.
since it's only a clean channel problem, I can't help but wonder if it has something to do with a tube, or something else in the channel's circuit, since if it were a power problem, the gain channel, would usually show it more than the clean. And if it were a pickup or input problem, surely both channels would be effected.

I went towards fret buzz in hope that it wasn't something to do with the amp-side of things, since fret buz is often hidden by gain. BUt of course, that wouldn't be a constant buzzing.
Last edited by -Collapse- at Jan 14, 2009,
It definitely way louder in the clean channel. How do I now if a tube is bad..all four of them glow...
Scheckter C-1 classic
Orange rocker 30
A few boss pedals