okay, my budget is 400$ no questions asked lol, and im not buying used, ever.
i play metal (metallica, pantera, wintersun, megadeth, etc.)
this weekend i get 50$ of if i spend 350 or more so yeah...
anyways i was about to buy fender frontman 212r but after all these horrible reviews on this website im thinking twice about it. I need an amp that is gig ready.
post recomendations.
thanks
People seem to like the B-52 AT 112 60w
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by Greenwood991
People seem to like the B-52 AT 112 60w

cool ill check it out.
does it come with a foot switch?
Quote by Destruction-
okay, my budget is 400$ no questions asked lol, and im not buying used, ever.
i play metal (metallica, pantera, wintersun, megadeth, etc.)
this weekend i get 50$ of if i spend 350 or more so yeah...
anyways i was about to buy fender frontman 212r but after all these horrible reviews on this website im thinking twice about it. I need an amp that is gig ready.
post recomendations.
thanks

This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Quote by Destruction-
cool ill check it out.
does it come with a foot switch?

I dunno.
But why not used?
You could get some really kickin gear used.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by Greenwood991
I dunno.
But why not used?
You could get some really kickin gear used.

i have bad experiences with buying used things >_>
For that price range and what you play, the B-52 sounds like the best deal. I haven't played one, but they sound pretty wicked from what I've heard on youtube.
Your choice.
The b52 is the only thing loud enough for gigs that I think could do metal.
Im not an expert on metal though so I dunno I might be wrong.

Edit: A valveking could also work possible. I know that has footswitchable channels and apparently a lot of gain on tap.

www.wearewerebear.com
I would look into buying a used Vox or Fender, but the B-52 isn't bad. My B-52 in particular had reliability issues, but I'm sure that's fixed.

EDIT: Greenwood991, just realized we have the same avatar LOL
Radiohead is pure win, bro.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Last edited by djszkoda at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by insatyrguitar
Greenwood991 and djszkoda have the same icon under their names :|

I mentioned that in my prior post.

Haha, we're both Jonny Greenwood fans, cause he rocks.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Quote by Greenwood991
Your choice.
The b52 is the only thing loud enough for gigs that I think could do metal.
Im not an expert on metal though so I dunno I might be wrong.

Edit: A valveking could also work possible. I know that has footswitchable channels and apparently a lot of gain on tap.

yeah after reading and hearing about the b-52 i think im going to get it this saturday.
thanks guys
Quote by Destruction-
yeah after reading and hearing about the b-52 i think im going to get it this saturday.
thanks guys

Oh snap, didn't read you were looking for metal.

In that case, B-52 is RIGHT up your alley.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Hell yea dude. Johnny is the man.

www.wearewerebear.com