Page 1 of 2
hey i finally got around to taking pictures of my latest build (my second), my super sexy telecaster, so i thought i'd put it here so you guys could tell me waht you think

well here are the specs:

21 frets
3 pickups(2 humbuckers and 1 protube lipstick humbucker)
cherry/walnut/beech/walnut/cherry/walnut/beech/walnut/cherry body (in that order
a vintage trem\
a gibson style headstock (figured maple) w/ a rosewood fretboard
bolt on neck

its not finished, all im missing is a tune-o-matic bridge, a nut, and the pots/switches

im planing on getting the not and bridge this weekend

tell me waht you guys think

here are the pics:

the body (sideways) :

from a bottom angle:

all of the guitar:
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
another side view:

the back:

the headstock:

what do you guys think?

edit: sorry for the huge pics
Quote by RU Experienced?

^^ about me

Man thats cool as ****. How long did that take you? did you cut and sand it all yourself?
Damn I like that its got that old school Univox look, Let me know how that middle pickup sounds Im thinking about one for my strat
Life's A Garden Digg It
-Joe Dirt
what kind of bridge is it going to have?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
To be honest I think it looks terrible, nothing looks like it should be there, the pickups don't look like the should be there.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by ILL BisCuiT
Man thats cool as ****. How long did that take you? did you cut and sand it all yourself?

i started in october and finished cutting/sanding/ finishing it in december. and yes, i did everything by myself

Quote by walker-rose
what kind of bridge is it going to have?

im thinking a standard gibson tune-o-matic or maybe a roller bridge.

Quote by james4
looks pretty decent, but the bridge pickup looks like it's too far down... like, shifted too much towards the treble side

naww, i measured everything perfectly and its on center, its just look like that because its at an angle and i took the pic at an angle too

Quote by random_B-RAD
To be honest I think it looks terrible, nothing looks like it should be there, the pickups don't look like the should be there.

so just because its something you've never seen before and you automatically don't like it?
Quote by RU Experienced?

^^ about me

Last edited by xyz66 at Jan 15, 2009,
is the trem from guitarfetish?

i was thinking of getting it.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Quote by forstringwonder
is the trem from guitarfetish?

i was thinking of getting it.

well guitarfetish trem is based on my trem, the one im using is an original vintage 1960's trem of a vintage guitar

but its pretty much the same thing, just newer
Quote by RU Experienced?

^^ about me

I don't like how it looks...
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD
I don't like how it looks...

what dont you like about it? the wood? the hardware?

well what i was going for is something original that NO ONE has, and thats what i did, if you think about it, its a Tele/Strat/LP hybrid
and thats what i did.
Quote by RU Experienced?

^^ about me

I HOPE you know but... It says 21 frets on your specs up there but it has 22 lol.

AND I LOVE IT.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
are the frets rounded or flat? Cause they look flat :S

The only thing i really like about this guitar is the body. It would look better if it had more of a tele headstock, the bridge pickup was straight, and either a standard TOM tailpiece or string-thru. But thats just my opinion....
you know that warmoth make twangbuckers you know the slanted humbucker it would look somuch better that if you used that ugly tilted humbucker
Rear routed

That's teleblasphemy
"I was influenced to play the guitar after I saw the guy on Power Rangers do it. I figured it would be easy, since a guitar is basically a big kazoo."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Blues Deville(For now... FOR SALE )
Last edited by Ach-med at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by SG Commander
you know that warmoth make twangbuckers you know the slanted humbucker it would look somuch better that if you used that ugly tilted humbucker

Well, it's Rio Grande that makes them, but I was thinking that too. However, it seems that he's already got them screwed on, so there'd be visible screw holes if he fitted one of those to it instead. Also, he'd probably have to make the pickup ring himself (wooden ones would look nice, by the way).
The only thing I can really honestly say I don't like about it is the three humbuckers, it just makes it seem to crowded (but that's only my opinion)... And make sure you go with a roller bridge, otherwise tuning'll be a problem... Make sure you get pics up after all the hardware on!
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
I think the retarded pickup combo ruined what would have otherwise been a cool guitar.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Looks sweet. I'm not a fan of the way you oriented the bridge pup, but it's not my guitar. Where'd you get that trem? I want something that looks vintage-y, like a bigsby kinda, but not expensive.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
I think it looks awesome, pickups and all. To be honest I don't see enough people slanting humbuckers; you'd think after all the other crap people have nicked off of Van Halen, they would have twigged the angled humbucker thing.
The woody stripes look is really cool.
My only conjecture is that I don't like Tele body styles, but the rear-routedness removes most of my opinion regarding that, and even then it's still an opinion so doesn't really matter.
Quote by Line6
I HOPE you know but... It says 21 frets on your specs up there but it has 22 lol.

AND I LOVE IT.

I'll fix it right now, thanks

Quote by Ach-med
Rear routed

That's teleblasphemy

oh rly? lol

Quote by BD 425
Looks sweet. I'm not a fan of the way you oriented the bridge pup, but it's not my guitar. Where'd you get that trem? I want something that looks vintage-y, like a bigsby kinda, but not expensive.

well that trem, i got on ebay for $15, it came with a bridge but it was all rusted up, thats why im not using it But gutiarfetish.com sells a bridge based on the design of mine, it looks pretty much the same except its newer, and its $21 (im pretty sure)

here's the link: http://store.guitarfetish.com/vistsumowhba.html
Quote by RU Experienced?

^^ about me

is it just me or is the bridge pickup kind of where the bridge needs to be
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
The workmanship on the guitar looks top notch but i cant help but wonder whats your scale length... it seems to me it would have to be rather large to accommodate where that bridge is positioned.
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
it looks great, but I don't like the slanted pickup. What is your scale length by the way?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
i love the idea.

work out your proportions and it will be great.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Quote by bv310
it looks great, but I don't like the slanted pickup. What is your scale length by the way?

25.5 me thinks?

i literally traced a standard MIA Fender Tele on a piece of paper, so its the same size as a normal tele
Quote by RU Experienced?

^^ about me

To find scale length, measure from the trem edge to the top of the first fret. it should be 25.5" if it's not, you're going to have some MAJOR problems. Intonation will be wayyyyyy off.

If that's true, then you may be able to save it by re-drilling your trem holes and moving it up.

Quote by bv310
To find scale length, measure from the trem edge to the top of the first fret. it should be 25.5" if it's not, you're going to have some MAJOR problems. Intonation will be wayyyyyy off.

If that's true, then you may be able to save it by re-drilling your trem holes and moving it up.

hmm. whadda ya know, it is 25.5 go figure
Quote by RU Experienced?

^^ about me

The trem edge isn't necessarily where the bridge would be, and he would want to measure to the nut, not the top of the first fret.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by bv310
To find scale length, measure from the trem edge to the top of the first fret.

Whaat? It's bridge to nut, man... Based on that, it does look like the bridge humbucker sits where the bridge should go, but the whole guitar is tilted back in the full body shot, so it's hard to know what the proper scale measurements are like.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Jan 16, 2009,
that's what i meant, I was really rushed typing that. It really does look like the bridge humbucker is where the bridge needs to be. Have you strung it up yet?

I like it. Definitely unique. And that's part of the appeal to me. There are so many guitars in the world, make some different. Some people care that it doesn't copy a tele 100%, but that's the cool part.

Anyway, gj. As long as you like it, that's all the matters.
Quote by LateStart
I like it. Definitely unique. And that's part of the appeal to me. There are so many guitars in the world, make some different. Some people care that it doesn't copy a tele 100%, but that's the cool part.

Anyway, gj. As long as you like it, that's all the matters.

thanks

yeah, thats what alot of people tell me, and there's more to come, i still have to wire everything

and what i was thinking is 1 master volume, 1 master tone, 3 on/off/on mini switches (one for each pickup)
Quote by RU Experienced?

^^ about me

Page 1 of 2