Page 1 of 2
I was just wondering if your friends at school know what the Pit is?

I know my friend knows the Pit because he accidentally said the words "epic" "fail" and "fap" in the same sentence.

There was an awkward moment of silence after he said that.

Similar experiences?
Last edited by joshua122593 at Jan 15, 2009,
No, my friends r /b/tards
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
That makes him a product of internet, not necessarily the pit. More likely 4chan, honestly.
To answer your question, no, none of my friends even use the internet, really, and they don't give a good God damn about guitar or talking about guitar, so I doubt they'd want to know about the pit.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by joshua122593
I know my friend knows the Pit because he accidentally said the words "epic" "fail" and "fap" in the same sentence.

If a friend of mine said those three words in a sentence, I wouldn't be suspicious. I would be if they were the only words in the sentence however.

edit: For the record I don't tell anyone of the pit or UG in general, unless I'm talking tab sites.
Last edited by heaven's gate at Jan 14, 2009,
My girlfriend does. I tell her pit stories. That sounds pathetic and I will never tell her such stories again.
To most of my old friends, the pit would be the place we'd meet at our old high school.
nobody i know knows what the pit is. and nobody probably cares. *speaks like a lttle girl* i guess it's just a little piece of my life i keep to myself and call my own. hehehehe...
Does my friends?

No. They doesn't.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by Rojam

Same here. A few of them use Ultimate Guitar, but none of them have ever descended into the depths of The Pit.
Well Metalology of course knew it, and I have had two friends that have since joined but they arn't really on much. From what i know I am the only one of my friends that go on.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by joshua122593
I was just wondering if your friends at school know what the Pit is?

There was an awkward moment of silence after he said that.

Similar experiences?

That's just stupid. Like someone else said, a lot of people use those terms on the internet. None of them originated from the Pit either and none of them are Pit exclusive, therefore your friend probably visits 4chan or something else like that.
My friends that play guitar do...
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
My one friend out of our circle of friends does, and we always reference it to confuse everybody.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
@ TS: Not that I know of, but I know some people in my school that most likely go on here...

Quote by Rojam

I'm sorry to hear that
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
One time I saw a kid with a "Free the Pear" shirt on. I was about 100 feet away and was gonna go over and say "whadup Pitmonkey" but he got in a car with what looked like his mom so I didn't bother..I figured his mom would frown upon our Pit antics.
Back in high school, the Pit was the wrestling room...
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Only one person knows about the pit, and thinks I'm a freak. Apparently most pit stories fall under the 'had to be there' category. No one I know personally has an account. And if I saw someone with a free the pear tshirt on, I would smile inside.
Quote by thedefrockednun

DAMN YOU I SIGGED HER FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I demand, in the name of the rt, that you change your sig...

NOW!!!!!!!!!

Quote by rigiddigits
RT meet!! Of epic global proportions!!!*
*world may asplode due to unprecedented levels of awesome.
A couple do. One always uses UG for news and tabs, but I had to convince him to check out the forums. I found out later that he trolled Punk and Ska (a couple years ago) and then posted in the sex thread about putting chocolate sauce on his butt and pretending it was "poo sauce." Another actually found it and started checking up on me through my posts in the pit because she hadn't had any contact with me in awhile. You can guess how that went.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox
A couple do. One always uses UG for news and tabs, but I had to convince him to check out the forums. I found out later that he trolled Punk and Ska (a couple years ago) and then posted in the sex thread about putting chocolate sauce on his butt and pretending it was "poo sauce." Another actually found it and started checking up on me through my posts in the pit because she hadn't had any contact with me in awhile. You can guess how that went.

I am intrigued by this chocolate poo sauce debacle.
they don't know about the pit, let alone the internet. they spend their time out with friends.

****in losers.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
I am intrigued by this chocolate poo sauce debacle.

Yeah, what made it better is that this was an idea he had been kicking around with me in our apartment before ever posting it on UG. The content of our conversations/activities in that apartment were probably 40% doody related
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by terrencemaddox
Yeah, what made it better is that this was an idea he had been kicking around with me in our apartment before ever posting it on UG. The content of our conversations/activities in that apartment were probably 40% doody related

Sounds like my kind of spot. I can say without a doubt that this apartment in question was brimming with win.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Sounds like my kind of spot. I can say without a doubt that this apartment in question was brimming with win.

I knew (judging from your own stories) that you would appreciate it
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Nerds around my school are saying epic fail a lot more. I haven't heard anyone say fap yet. And only 1 person I know goes on UG. I don't tell anyone about the forums of UG though.
I think that im the only mexican that knows about the pit I try to keep it for myself !
In Key West, I've showed all my friends the pit.
In Jacksonville, all my friends use the site for tabs
In Oregon, however, I have a friend that frequents UG for "tabs" and another one that has referenced "I Cum Blood" at least 5 times since I met him at the beginning of the year.

I'm kind of ashamed to know the pit, so I don't by any means go around parading it.
no ones know about the pit and I hope to keep it that way
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
No. Most of my friends don't even have the internet or know what an internet forum is.
tumblr | twitter | instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
No one except my brother. I tell him pit stories all the time and he thinks its the ****s.
He probably knows whats going on as much as a regular pit monkey and wants to make his own account.

I'm not warning him against it because if I dont have a life he doesnt need one either..
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

If you are looking for a clever and witty signature, you have come to the wrong place.
Page 1 of 2