can anyone tell my why my earphones keep breaking?
over the past 4 months, ive been through 5 pairs of in-ear earphones
first i got these skullcandy imitators, then i got some philips ones, then these silver panasonic iphone earphones, then back to the skullcandy imitators. now ive come to the real skullcandy ink'd, and even those have broken down (actually, with these it seems the bass has just died out..like i hear the song fine, but theres no bass)
everytime, one of the ears goes bad. the wire comes loose, and that ear goes out.
i was thinking about these
does anyone know if those are any good? is the sound good, and how long will they last?
fail. skull candy fail miserably, get sony earbuds, there only like 35$ and they own high end skull candys.
Quote by joshua122593
My "dont give a crap" senses are tingling.

You get a much better listening experience. But, whatever.
Last edited by goest at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by Cheesemaster
mebe you listen to your music too loud?

Sounds reasonable.

Or maybe there's something wrong with your ears?
Hmmmmm......
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
well it depends, what kind of mp3 player do you have, make sure its not too loud and it doesnt have some sort of gay EQ thats cranking the bass or treble, therefore breaking the drivers.
Quote by sporkman7
that might be it

If that's the case I'd worry about getting a new pair of ears more than a new pair of earphones, going through 5 pairs.. I haven't even gone through 4 sets in 5 years :-/ ..

Anyway,, I recently got a Sennheiser all-encaser via school, and it rocks. All-encasing >>> earplugs^^
My 10$ sony earphones last at least 6 months, and I listen to music every day at school. Try not wrapping your wires around your iPod or whatever, I think that breaks the wiring inside. I just shove it all in my pocket. It may be messy, but it lasts a lot longer
get head phones, problem solved. my earbuds always kept breaking within a month of use, but i bought a good pair of over the ear headphones, and they are much nicer
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Of all the places to teleport, you chose a huge ball of fire?
Skullcandy is overrated...seriously. I would suggest some Bose ones...

and if they keep breaking, then you might want to save up money for some nicer expensive ones...if not, look for some Sony ones
go to a thrift store and get old huge headphones, you can get high qualty sony and jvc ones that are cool as **** looking and are actually very high quality and the people marking them mark'em for like 20 bucks, but you'll also need an adapter you can get for a dollar at any dollar store
If you can hear the song pretty damn well when the earphones aren't inside your ear then it's too loud, or your earphones just suck, or both
http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/audio_headphones/in_ear_headphones/index.jsp

The best in-ear headphones you can get. My dad got them for me for Christmas a year ago and they still work clear and everything. It comes with 3 pairs of different sized ear tips so you can use whatever is comfortable for you. Also, when your music is really loud, no one else can hear it.
SkullCandy headphones are for nothing more than trendy bastards.... Get some ****ing Sennheisers...
http://soundcloud.com/dawwwstin
Quote by Sever_the_Skull
stfu spaghetti asshole

Quote by itachi-sasori
thats like... a really broad range... how can you like dragonforce AND beethoven Dx
Quote by direngrey680
Skullcandy is overrated...seriously. I would suggest some Bose ones...

and if they keep breaking, then you might want to save up money for some nicer expensive ones...if not, look for some Sony ones

this is such a *facepalm* bose is the most overrated piece of **** ever, considering how much you pay for it, you can get amazing senhiser studio monitors that would give you a eargasim each time you listen to them.
Quote by newaccount
My 10$ sony earphones last at least 6 months, and I listen to music every day at school. Try not wrapping your wires around your iPod or whatever, I think that breaks the wiring inside. I just shove it all in my pocket. It may be messy, but it lasts a lot longer

You're exactly like me. used to listen to music all the time during school, and didn't wrap it around the mp3 player when I was done. I just stuffed it in my pocket. I have these sony headphones and they last me for months on end:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-E828LP-Fontopia-Earbuds-Winding/dp/B00008VF63/ref=sr_1_45?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1231996550&sr=8-45

They sound pretty good too. Much better than default ipod earbuds and any other low end earbuds my friends use.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Suzy, don't go getting Skullcandies. Even my Hesh ones have broken already.

I'd go for Sony dynamic headphones. Maybe the MDR series?

Kbai.