I own a strat, and never owned a Les Paul. But when I tried it out in the stores, playing the upper frets is kinda awkward, especially when trying to bend those notes. It gets worse if I stand up and play the upper frets.

If I get a Les Paul, would I get used to this? I have no problems on the Strat. When I tried the SG, Ididn't have this problem either.

But I want to get a Les Paul, since it's so iconic and many of my favorite players played it. The SG doesn't look as cool and the double cut les paul looks weird IMO.

I have smallish hands, maybe that's the reason?
the reason is it's not a double-cut. it'll seem less weird if you play it more than your strat, but if you only want it because it's "iconic", you're waisting your money.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
I never had an issue on it, until I switched primarily to an Ibanez RG series. Now I played a Les Paul today and was shocked at how.. "iffy" it was playing the higher frets.

Meaning, I think you'll get used to it.
Get an ESP Eclipse looks kinda like the les Paul but a lil meaner I think
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
^^^

I started on a wal-mart strat, moved on to a Fender MIM, then I bought a Gibson LP. I really like the Gibson because I like to play more rock, and I got used to it. Maybe I started using my pinky more or something, I don't know...

Don't get me wrong, it's easier to play, and always will be easier to play those higher frets on a double cutaway. I have very small hands, smaller than my mom even, I got it from my dad, short stubby fingers...that's beside the point. The point it that if you can learn to hit the notes on the LP it'll make you that much better on your Strat.
It's something you can get used to over time.

And yes, you should learn to use your pinky more, not even to help fret access but just to be a better guitar player.
Thats the main reason I don't really like them, other than the fact they are so heavy they hurt my shoulder after an hour. You will get used to it.

Get used to 24 frets thats all you will ever like.
If you use those frets often, I wouldn't recommend a Les Paul.

You should check out the Carvin CS6. I'd take one of those over a comparably priced Gibson any day.
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
you do get used to it, but it is a stretch to get to, espically the lower 3 strings

saying that, its uncommon to go there, only play there for one song
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12