Alright, after bringing all my stuff to a band practice the Saturday before last, I'm planning on getting a multi-effects unit. I was considering a Line 6 Pod($100 on local Craigslist), a Rocktron Taboo Artist($150 on local craigslist + EB volume pedal as wah/volume pedal) and a Line 6 Floor Pod($150 new from MF). I finally began considering the Pods because I've heard that it's just the Spiders from Line 6 that are crap.

Probably the biggest one I'm considering though is a $30 Boss ME-30 on the local Craigslist. If it's as good as my bands tentative second guitarist's ME-20(which, by the way, I'm also considering, though I don't want the same unit as him if he gets in, plus it's more expensive) sounded, then I'm very interested, especially since it's so cheap, but it looks old in the images. late 80's-mid 90's old. How old is an ME-30 exactly, because if it's really that dated I don't trust it not to die on me mid-song.

Anyway, tl;dr: I'm considering a few multi-effects. First, how old is a Boss ME-30? Second, between it, a Pod 2.0, a floor pod, a Rocktron Taboo Artist + EB Volume pedal and possibly a Boss ME-20, which would you go with?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Line 6 is a good brand, but I wouldn't recommend any multi effects to be honest.
███████████████████████████████████
i wouldn't go less then an XT Live. I've tried the 2.0 and one of the other bean looking ones. Not sure which. The XTL is alot better and alot more versatile. get as much processing power as you can possibly afford.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by tona_107
Line 6 is a good brand, but I wouldn't recommend any multi effects to be honest.

Normally I'd agree, but carrying all my stuff in and out of cars and houses and setting it all up and taking it all down really is an ass, so I'm looking o get a multi-effect unit where all I'll need to have is that one thing and maybe a wah. For gigs and recordings I'll definitely still use standalone pedals, but I need a multieffects unit for band practice, smaller gigs that won't matter later-on if we make it to a later-on and stuff like that.

Quote by scott58
i wouldn't go less then an XT Live. I've tried the 2.0 and one of the other bean looking ones. Not sure which. The XTL is alot better and alot more versatile. get as much processing power as you can possibly afford.

Can't afford one. Probably should've added that...but yeah, I have $135, a few weeks to get cash for the more expensive ones and I'm saving for another guitar, a new computer and possibly a new amp, so I can't afford that much at the moment. ><

I probably wouldn't blow the $135 then. Put that towards 1 of your other things. Have you thought about a pedal board? At least all your pedals could be put together.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I thought about it, but frankly I don't see the point in spending $100 on what is essentially a box for the pedals to be organized in.

Quote by necrosis1193
I thought about it, but frankly I don't see the point in spending $100 on what is essentially a box for the pedals to be organized in.

only a sucker actually BUYS a pedal board.
go buy a piece of plywood, some industrial strength velcro, and in ten minutes you have a pedal board. adding a power supply isn't much extra work.
Quote by tona_107
only a sucker actually BUYS a pedal board.
go buy a piece of plywood, some industrial strength velcro, and in ten minutes you have a pedal board. adding a power supply isn't much extra work.

I was actually considering that for a while, but the thing is last time I touched a screwdriver to do more than tightening, I almost drilled through my ring finger because of the oven going off. At least it would've been my right one and wouldn't effect me much, but still, I've a bit of a phobia now. ><

Quote by necrosis1193
I was actually considering that for a while, but the thing is last time I touched a screwdriver to do more than tightening, I almost drilled through my ring finger because of the oven going off. At least it would've been my right one and wouldn't effect me much, but still, I've a bit of a phobia now. ><

C'mon man, get back on the horse. The screwdriver has nothing against you.
I suppose it wouldn't hurt, and the reason it's remained is kinda stupid...alright, can I just get a link to a good (and preferably cheap)power supply? If I'm making a pedalboard, I'm going all the the way and adding the power supply.

given your budget, effects pedals pretty much go out the window..
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
i have the pod x3 (bean) and think its a great piece of kit, not sure about the lower models but i could definately reccomend the x3, you'll just have to go try out as many as possible
Gear

Ibanez RG1451 (Bareknuckle Aftermath bridge, Cold Sweat neck)
Jackson DK2T(Bareknuckle Miracle Man bridge,SD Jazz neck)
Ibanez RG321mh(SD JB bridge)
Epiphone SG-400,
Ibanez RG370DX,
Vintage V6

Pod X3 into KRK RP8 G2's