Okay, so I typed this up in Guitar Pro in about 20 minutes, and I decided to venture into metal and use some odd time signatures, both of which I don't do enough.
It's a GP export so it might sound a bit odd (Uses the RSE), I should add a real recording later.
The time signatures go 7/8 3/8 5/8 9/8
There is a drum, bass and guitar track.
The song is the only one in my profile so check it out, and I'm down with C4C
I guess I should also mention that this is nowhere near complete
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/khalil1220/music/
Last edited by khalil1220 at Jan 15, 2009,
link?
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

that sounded pretty good for being an RSE export. It instantly reminded me of dream theater. I suggest cutting it down a bit, and straightening it out into 4/4 and singing the verse up, then come back to it after a chorus or whatever. Just a suggestion though. Sounds pretty sweet and unique still anyway!
if you can, can you crit my song?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1042792
thanks a lot and good luck!
Police were called to a daycare where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.
Thanks I really appreciate it, and now that you mention it, I guess I do hear some Dream Theater influence in that, your song was quite good btw.
Pretty good. You could probably use a more drastic version of the build-up from .16-.19 it a later part, but as it went on, it seemed to lose a little of it's charm, but I guess that's just from repetition, and will be fixed once vocals are added. I still like the part from the beginning to .16 the best though. For C4C, it's on the first page, it's called "Pop-Punk Bass Song". It's kinda boring, but I'd appreciate feedback.
Nice man. I also, have been living too much in 4/4. I started listening to some more Dream Theater and more obscure Rush and I'm really enjoying it. The song sounded pretty cool, the only part I didn't like was the drums. Not the sound, I realize it was RSE. I just thought the first drum part was almost "random-sounding" in the beginning. After ~30 seconds, the drum beat was nice and had more of a odd-time groove. Near the end when the same part kept repeating it got a bit boring, but I realize you're nowhere near finished which is totally understandable. Sounds like a pretty cool project, post again if you finish it or get a better recording, I'd love to hear it.

c4c: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1039606
Yay! thanks for the feedback, can't wait to see some more, I'll definitely try adding some vocals, or make up some kind of melody and make a potential instrumental. I do realize the drums can use some work and I'll do my best to fix them up, but hey I'm not a drummer after all, just working off of my understanding according to my ear.
sorry that i hat no time before to give an opinion back (thx for your crit)
i also liked your song its like somebody said before not very generious and is at a high composition level withe the different time signatures
but you shouldnt forget that playin'live such a song wouldnt be that goog because you cannot headbang to it xD i dont know how to improve because playing stlye is gp