As the title suggests, i have roughly 60$ to buy a new and my first pedal.

I have been playing for about an year and a half.....and basically dig rock(the heavy crunchy type of the sound) - like that of metallica,megadeth,iron maiden.....and new ones too like CoB,etc. etc.

I currently own an Ibanez GRG 170DX (that my first guitar) with a local made 20 W amp(pretty cheap and does the work,though it gets a little irritated at high volume,but serves me good) and sometimes i borrow my friends Zoom G2.1u.....its good but not that good.

So anyone willing to help will will be appreciated....thnks.

Also, i basically have knowledge of Boss pedals and not enough for other brands. Have to admit that my knowledge on Boss is very less and i havent actually tried anything as of now(except tht zoom processor).

And 1 last question would be.....should i go for a processor or a pedal???
Processors, especially in that price range, generally suck. You're looking for Distortion? Save your money and get a ProCo Rat.

I've heard tell that modded Boss DS-1's are cool...but I'm still skeptical.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
See if you can find a Boss OS-2. They're versatile, and they sound awesome, not sure how much they are new. Check ebay maybe.
Get a DS-1/Digitech Grunge (ignore the name, this pedal is perfect for thrash and heavy metal) and mod the crap outta them.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
If you like CoB you'll like the Boss Metalcore Pedal ML-2. It's like the Metal Zone MT-2 but better highs and mids.
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
hmmmmm.....so basically till now i have got options for :
ML-2 >> DS-1 >> Digitech Grunge >> OS-2....

1. Well I checked the local store site in my country and ML-2 is abt 90$ and MT-2 is near abt 110$.....so that takes them off the budget...

2. DS-1 is in budget and so is Digi Grunge......Can they be used to make the metallica/mega/IM sound??

3. ProCo Rat cannot be found on any of the local store sites nor any local dealer on their site.

4. What about DD-1/DD-2/DS-1/Ds-2???

PS: I am from India so i may not get all brands here.
Sup. Nice to see another Indian here...
You won't get a pro co rat unless you order it.
Alberto's can prob hook you up, but you'll be charged a bit more.

Which city?
So i have an idea of what you have access to?
I am from Delhi.....and i dont have a credit card so ordering through the net is out of the question.....
any other suggestions???
If you want a pedal now for $60, I'd recommend either a Morley wah or a USSR EHX Big Muff. I'd personally save for a better set though.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7