I plan on getting a new Jackson soon. I think I'm going to go with the DX10D simply because I don't like black hardware at all and it's the only Dinky with all chrome hardware and a Floyd Rose (at least to my knowledge it is). I also want a Jackson with two Duncan humbuckers in it but again this is a problem because the only other Jacksons with two real Duncans in it is the DK2T which is a hardtail and the DK2M which has a maple fretboard which again, I don't like.

The DX10D has Duncan Designed HB-103's in it which from what I gather is the DD version of the Duncan Distortion pickups. As I said, I don't want a guitar with wannabe pickups in it and would rather have the real deal but at the same time, common sense is telling me that it's not really worth 130 bucks for a real set of Duncan Distortions if I'm not going to see anything more than a marginal improvement. On the other hand, I like the idea of knowing that I have real name brand pickups in my guitar even if it is nothing more than the name on the front. What's your opinion?

And while I'm at it, I'll ask this. I mostly play metal. Mostly old thrash and hair like Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax, Ratt, and Skid Row. If I do decide to put some real Duncans in, would I be better off going with a Jazz/JB setup or a Mayhem Distortion set? Initally I was thinking that for what I play, the Jazz/JB would be better, but some reviews and other info I've read say the Distortions would be better. I'd would probably even consider DiMarzio's too but EMG is out of the question. Every EMG I've heard lacks any depth and sounds generic to me.

In terms of the amp I use, I use some Fostex 120 watt monitors, an M-Audio sound card, and Amplitube.

Thanks.
Last edited by Rick540 at Jan 15, 2009,