I put this is in the computer thread, but its taking too long for people to reply.
Hey everybody, my brother is looking for a laptop, but wants something quite on the medium to high end for gaming and has a budget of AU$1500, give or take. He wants a laptop with the specs; At least 2.0GHZ Core 2 Duo, at least 2GB DDR2 ram, and 512MB dedicated graphics. Must be a laptop, and on a budget of about AU$1500.
Anyone point me to a laptop that is on these specs and price?
Quote by michael_1391
I put this is in the computer thread, but its taking too long for people to reply.
Hey everybody, my brother is looking for a laptop, but wants something quite on the medium to high end for gaming and has a budget of AU$1500, give or take. He wants a laptop with the specs; At least 2.0GHZ Core 2 Duo, at least 2GB DDR2 ram, and 512MB dedicated graphics. Must be a laptop, and on a budget of about AU$1500.
Anyone point me to a laptop that is on these specs and price?

That's not an excuse.
You're*
Make sure you get a cooling pad for your gaming. No one likes a midgame shutdown because of how hot it is.
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
It's an acoustic, slow it down, get some lemonade, go to the beach, play "i'm yours" by jason mraz, get women...
Do NOT get a Dell. Dear god, do not get a Dell.

I've had my Dell laptop for two years, and so far Dell has replaced all four hard drives that failed and all four DVD drives that failed. In short, this thing is a complete piece of ****.

In my entire law school class, I only know of one person who has a Dell and hasn't had massive, massive problems with it.
Get a customizable HP laptop. Mine was under 1300$ w/o warranty and security. Gotta try to find when they have the right deals off, like 50% off ram and videocard. I got 512MB GeForce 8600, 4gb ram, 2.4gb duocore, 250GB hard drive, 17 in screen. All under 1300 US $ .
Quote by KingJustinian25
Get a customizable HP laptop. Mine was under 1300$ w/o warranty and security. Gotta try to find when they have the right deals off, like 50% off ram and videocard. I got 512MB GeForce 8600, 4gb ram, 2.4gb duocore, 250GB hard drive, 17 in screen. All under 1300 US $ .

thats a good idea
Thanks for the help everyone. I have one more question though. I found this one
http://au.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=5&l2=74&l3=604&l4=0&model=2338&modelmenu=2
and it is looking very good. But can someone explain the graphics card? It says 256MB, but it goes on about how that varies with the RAM. So if someone could explain this video card (ATI HD 3470) that would really help. That is the only part that I need to understand better. It has everything else that my brother wants.