Does anyone know what the retail price for an ORIGINAL LP '59 standard would have been in 1959?

Please don't tell me not to waste my money, i'm am not buying one.
Researching that's all.
I'm very happy with my studio

thanks in advances.
Last edited by Eat_0n_Kent at Jan 15, 2009,
Too much for any of us.

FUREDIT: Do you mean when they first came out?
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Quote by benjy118
Too much for any of us.

FUREDIT: Do you mean when they first came out?

Yes, yes i do.
Quote by Eat_0n_Kent
Yes, yes i do.

Hmm... 1959... Wasn't the the currency like... women or something back them?

*Dosen't want to risk making a Slave joke.*
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
I think it was somewhere in the $200-$300 dollar range back in the day.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Quote by Eat_0n_Kent
Does anyone know what the retail price for an ORIGINAL LP '59 standard would have been in 1959?

Please don't tell me not to waste my money, i'm am not buying one.
Researching that's all.
I'm very happy with my studio

thanks in advances.

In the nicest possible way...HOW THE FCUK WOULD WE KNOW????

My Daddy was 7 years old in '59
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by zimmzimmer
Maybe your Dads pissed because hes shooting blanks :P
Quote by mattiwillohouse

There are records.

A tele was about 150 something, and the Les Paul was just over 300 (making it still one of the most expensive guitars of the era)

But in the other hand.. we make an average wage of 8-9 dollars an hour now, and back then we'd be happy to make that a week.
my grand father has one he gave 300$ new came with case and it still looks they way it did when he first got it . he told me that its mine when his day comes .he took to some one that he knew they told him that if he sold it that he could get around 10.000$ he said that he was thinking the guy was just playing around with him so we started to look around on the net and to come to find out in mint shape that it is and the case also ,that the going price was at 9 to 12.000$ depending on how bad that the buyer wanted it .but he he still says that its mine witch is very cool and very nice of him to give it to me ,i think when it dose get hand down to me that im going to have it put in a glass case to keep it safe .
o by the way he is 88 and still plays it every day.
*Note to self*

If I ever build a timemachine, go back to the 50's and buy a bunch of guitars.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Quote by mattiwillohouse

And what the fuck is the internet?
You're*
$300 in 1959 is worth a hell of a lot more than the $3000 you pay for LPS now in 2008
Quote by Tommy Walker
$300 in 1959 is worth a hell of a lot more than the $3000 you pay for LPS now in 2008

It actually comes up to about $2500 so it was actually more expensive.
Quote by fenderholic65
they were $325 when they first came out,

Holy Crap! If they had humbuckers and a stoptail I would have run out and bought one as soon as I heard.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Pencil Man
Holy Crap! If they had humbuckers and a stoptail I would have run out and bought one as soon as I heard.

in 1959 they were 325, with currency conversion it would be the same. yet i still don't understand why currency changed
Quote by PollyWntsCrack

in 1959 they were 325, with currency conversion it would be the same. yet i still don't understand why currency changed

They were still probably better quality...
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
I thought they were $275, in '59, I remember seeing an ad somewhere for the "New Les Paul Sunburst," though that could have been a '58, which is when the bursts first came out.

As for an original Burst now, you're looking at $300k-$600k depending on condition.