Heres a little teaser or my next build for a good friend of mine-

Its basically gonna have the same spec as the Modern Eagle.

Brazilian rosewood neck and fingerboard,
Brazilian Mahogany body,
Flamed maple top,
Dot inlays,
Vintage style trem,
BareKnuckle pickups,
Faded blue jean finish.

Im lookin for a killer flame maple top if anyones got one for sale?
Looks as if it will be quite a project!

Sorry to say, I don't have a flame maple top for ya, but I'm sure you'll find one.

What kind of pups are you putting in it? Or is that up to your friend?
"When words fail, the guitar speaks."
-George Szell
Yeah, its up to my friend. Im insisting on bareknuckles but the model choice is his.
Its the third guitar I'll have done for him so im doin it on the house!
Wow, that's really generous! I don't think I'd ever do a guitar for free for someone unless either: he or I was dying, a family member of theirs was sick, or if he saved my life, ahah!
"When words fail, the guitar speaks."
-George Szell
I might be able to get you a killer top, I am going to my supplier today. I can order them bookmatched and I am sure I can get THE best quality stuff. I am checking up for metal warrior too, so I can ask about it all and let you know on a price.

But I have to build me a PRS sometime, I love those guitars. A friend of mind has a 513 and it's oh so nice.
I have some flame maple en route from Canada, but I'm pretty sure it wont be thick enough for a PRS style top.

Look forward to this though

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
yey another eve build!!

seeing as your friend already has 2 guitars made by you i dont think he needs a thired, soo.....

:P

kidding cant wait for it!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
i love how clean the figuring is. that's awesome
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Not trying to divert this build or anything but could someone tell me what the difference is between the modern eagle 2 and a custom 22? different electronics?
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Yeah, its a nice top not too crazy, not too plain. The flames a little more pronounced in the flesh though. The tops gonna be 20mm and the body 34mm.
I really love this! The flame looks fantastic.
What kind of BKP's are you going to use?
superman is killing himself tonight
i never figured out how they do that crazy horn scallop on the treble side, it would take forever and be difficult to get perfect with a rasp/file. i have an oscillating sander, and i bet with the right angled jig i can make that take a matter of minutes... hmmm.
That is going to look AMAZING! I can't wait to see the results, god luck and have fun!
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Quote by Absent Mind
I have some flame maple en route from Canada, but I'm pretty sure it wont be thick enough for a PRS style top.

Look forward to this though

So, is it easy or cheaper for us UK type people to get maple and such from abroad?

JCS...where did that top come from?
^ If you buy in bulk it is.

There is a guy on ebay trying to sell a 4MM thin top for £200!!!!! Granted its really nice, but I could get the same thing for about £30 abroad, why do people in England instantly think its ok to rip us off for 'tone wood'

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Quote by Absent Mind
^ If you buy in bulk it is.

There is a guy on ebay trying to sell a 4MM thin top for £200!!!!! Granted its really nice, but I could get the same thing for about £30 abroad, why do people in England instantly think its ok to rip us off for 'tone wood'

Do you think you might be able to point me in the right direction, or perhaps we could collaborate? (I like collaboration)

Quite familiar with importing goods, made some money doing that once.

Cause we're douches.
I just bought a really nice long piece of goncalo alves (2x4x24"), and only paid $10 for it. US prices are nice.
Shipping of course is $30...
Yeah, I might need to get a few rasps when I make the neck out of it. XD It will look awesome though, and I'll have enough extra to make a three piece with maple or something in the middle.
Quote by LP Addict
goncalo alves is my all time favorite wood as far as looks, too bad that **** will destroy anything metal you get it near. that stuff has more silica than a quartz cavern.

How I love similes...

Best done with powered abrasives then?
Quote by Skeet UK
How I love similes...

Best done with powered abrasives then?

Not a simile... But still awesome

I call dibs on this one... I'd trade my left eye and my right ear for the finished product even if it was half as amazing as what you're describing...

Too bad I can't buy a guitar like that though

Going to be sweet, I'm going to be watching this thread like a hawk.
Quote by wizards?
Not a simile... But still awesome

I call dibs on this one... I'd trade my left eye and my right ear for the finished product even if it was half as amazing as what you're describing...

Too bad I can't buy a guitar like that though

Going to be sweet, I'm going to be watching this thread like a hawk.

Well yes, not technically a simile. Not quite sure what you would call it, if anything...
Quote by LP Addict
that does look pretty good, did you just hold the rasp at a really light angle and go to town?

Pretty much. I just drew out a line with pencil on the top as a guide and went for it with a rasp.

That wolfie is for sale now by the way if anyones interested. Its goin on Ebay for £1200 later. If anyone on here wants it they can have it for £1100.
Try not to get too OT guys

Skeet, I've gotten stuff from here, its normally pretty cheap and he does a great job of combing and getting postage down, its normally 7 days, but if there are a few things you want he should extend it to 14 days, make sure you says its because you are exporting it to the UK.

The stuff is pretty good but normally quite thin, he stocks a variety of grades and the pictures are un wetted, so if you see dark patches thats mineral stain, be aware.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Fraser-Valley-Fine-Woods

I have some stuff on the way from him, PM me what you need and I'll see what I can do, alternatively if you are ever buying off him PM me and I'll let you know if I want anything as well.

Cheers, now back OT!

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Quote by wizards?
How about amazingly awesome symbolism?

Works for me, so as I was saying...

How I love AAS....

Ahh...better would be Amazingly Super Symbolism

How I love ASS...
Quote by Absent Mind
Try not to get too OT guys

Skeet, I've gotten stuff from here, its normally pretty cheap and he does a great job of combing and getting postage down, its normally 7 days, but if there are a few things you want he should extend it to 14 days, make sure you says its because you are exporting it to the UK.

The stuff is pretty good but normally quite thin, he stocks a variety of grades and the pictures are un wetted, so if you see dark patches thats mineral stain, be aware.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Fraser-Valley-Fine-Woods

I have some stuff on the way from him, PM me what you need and I'll see what I can do, alternatively if you are ever buying off him PM me and I'll let you know if I want anything as well.

Cheers, now back OT!

Cheers dude.
Psyched to see the finished product
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by LP Addict
hate to burst your bubble, but 24'' wont get you a neck.

I'm thinking of just gluing on four inches or so of another wood, mahogany or something. Then scarf it.
That will work right?