Yesterday, I saw a Gibson Les Paul Vixen in a store. I had never seen this model or name ever before. I'm not thinking about buying it, I was just curious about that unheard-of model...
Anybody knows more about this model? Does it sound good? Is it some sort of beginner guitar by Gibson (given the "low" price) ?

Here's a short description:
* usual Gibson Les Paul shape
* color: reg, kinda glittery, no white line around the body, just like a Studio
* no pick guard
* Vixen written on truss rod cover
* Diamond-shaped pearl inlays, 2 at the 12th fret, 1 everywhere else
* 2 pickups, with nickel covers
* 1 toggle switch
* 1 volume knob + 1 tone knob
* Price on the tag: €999, but the store is known for high prices...

... and a picture
Quote by gudinge
Wasn't there a thread about this like yesterday?
Quote by ivan_2894
This guy knows what he's talking about
(Ab)using:
* Ibanez PF5 acoustic * Gibson '08 LP Classic * Schecter Damien FR *
* Marshall JCM 2k DSL401 *
* Boss OS-2 * Boss DD-7 *

Eyes on Wah & SD pups
Last edited by tickler444 at Jan 15, 2009,
it'smarketed at women. same as the gibson goddess
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Quote by Baarmy_Sheep
OK, thanks!

PS: Would you post a pic of your custom-made LP?
Quote by gudinge
Wasn't there a thread about this like yesterday?
Quote by ivan_2894
This guy knows what he's talking about
(Ab)using:
* Ibanez PF5 acoustic * Gibson '08 LP Classic * Schecter Damien FR *
* Marshall JCM 2k DSL401 *
* Boss OS-2 * Boss DD-7 *

Eyes on Wah & SD pups
Quote by Baarmy_Sheep

well Ace Frehley uses a skyburst LP goddess so they are pretty good. Also i kinda like the minimalist looks to the vixen
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Yeah, their marketed towards women, but i'm male and i play my Goddess. It's just a marketing strategy, if it's a good guitar, it's a good guitar.
Though it should be taken into consideration that the only changes made to market it to women is just slightly lighter body weight and "girly" colors (though I think the purpleburst Goddess model looks amazing). So really if anything its just a lighter Studio model (and that red finish on that Vixen definitely looks rather nice and simple).
They have started marketing guitars to women?

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777

They've BEEN marketing to women since the '60s yo. Get with the program.
Quote by Necrophagist777

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a Goddess if it wasn't so rare. I'm used to playing super-strats so I don't think I could handle a 'true' Les Paul.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
They sound like good guitars and I'm sure they are. But marketing to different genders seems a little odd to me in the world of guitars.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
"Vixen" means "to fap" in German, which is a valid reason for me not to want one (it's written "wichsen" here though, but the pronunciation is exactly the same and that's what counts).
i do notice the hideous paintjobs on some of them. i mean corona yellow? rank pink? and any les paul that goes for under £1k isnt usually very good. do you know the make or brand of the pickups ? or the country of origin?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
i do notice the hideous paintjobs on some of them. i mean corona yellow? rank pink? and any les paul that goes for under £1k isnt usually very good. do you know the make or brand of the pickups ? or the country of origin?
They're the same old pickups they shove in the Studios I believe, and they're made in America.

The Goddess guitars were damn good, at least the SGs were. Usual SG stuff but with a wraparound tailpiece for more sustain and it didn't look half bad either.
The LP Goddesses were a bit pointless, it looked nice but the thinner body just made them neck-heavy and sound like an SG; you might as well have just bought the SG version and at least got the better fret access.

The Vixens were... not good. Granted, I only ever got my paws on two of them, but if the two I tried were any indication of the line as a whole I'd say stay well away from them. They're were basically just Studios with a third of an inch shaved off the back of the body.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.