Page 1 of 2
Hey Pit, I hope everyone is faring well.

Essentially I have a friend called...Nine. Yes, Nine. Nine has a very close female friend called Apple. Nine and Apple have been close for a long time. One day, Nine learnt that Apple had been raped a large number of time stemming from an alarmingly young age. Nine eventually had the police know about this and the rapist was taken care of, he is gaoled now. Apple had been raped a total of eighteen times. She is a cool girl, you would never think anything like that had happened to her, but it did.

Fortunately, Apple had never fallen pregnant from the rapist. However, she had been raped not long before Nine found out. And it turns out she hasn't had her period for apparently two months. Yes. Digest that.

So, Nine has looked over the matter a lot. Nine think abortion would be the best for her. Not because of the rapist's genes or anything like that, because of pregnancy at such a young age. I won't delve into the reasons why Nine thinks this, as you are (for the most part:P) intelligent and mature enough individuals to figure out why yourselves.

Now, Nine and Apple had lengthy talks about the whole abortion debate. Abortion was eventually chosen as the best thing for her, not that Nine pushed it onto her.

Trouble is, Apple won't believe she is pregnant. So will she have a test, or a doctor's appointment or whatever about it? No. Because she has a "gut feeling" she isn't. She is normally reasonable...but she point blank refuses to look into the matter further. This is really hurting Nine...for obvious reasons.

So Pit, asking on his behalf, what should Nine do? To convince her or whatever. Please help him.

tl;dr: A dude called Nine's close female friend is pregnant from rape but won't believe she is, even though she is (over, now) two months late. What does Nine do?

Thanks for reading guys and girls.

I'm Sam
Oh well, when she gains 20 pounds and is holding a baby in her arms 7 months later than you know that she wrong.
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Jan 15, 2009,
Good job on waiting till the embryo is old enough that abortion becomes morally questionable.

Also: you chose stupid aliases for your friends.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Wow. That is very deep. I hope things work out
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Well I think you should say something like 'if you're so sure you're not pregnant then why don't you prove us wrong by having a test and seeing a doctor'.

That's ****ing terrible.
honestly.
holy **** i feel so grim reading about it.

I hope she's not pregnant to be honest.

But yeah i would really hope she gets tested and everything
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

theres no harm in making sure that shes not pregnant, there could be alot of harm if she does nothing, and abortion is the best option in this case (IMO).

14 yo rape victim, no one should be forcing her to have this baby
nothing.
Mm. Asking her to prove it by taking a test might be the best idea. Would it be hard/odd for a fourteen year old girl to get a pregancy test or whatver? There are littles things you urinate on right? Where would Apple get one?
I'm Sam
Pharmacy. Get someone who looks older or who is older to get one.
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Good job on waiting till the embryo is old enough that abortion becomes morally questionable.

Also: you chose stupid aliases for your friends.

Yes, Nine is really such an idiot. I mean, everyone should ask every girl they know to take a pregnancy test every week right? Just to make sure?
You should have read more carefully, Nine didn't know until a few days ago.

oh and everyone, I don't want this turning into an abortion debate thread. I am sure there is a thread already commited to that, so why not post there instead? This is a thread for trying to help a predicament a young girl is in.
I'm Sam
Quote by Zangetsu 101

Prick.

I have not alot of insight into the matter. ^^^^^ That pissed me off though.
I am me. Live with it.
Get a pregnancy test for her or take her to the doctor, screw what Apple says, if Nine is worried, then I believe it's totally justified for her to put her fears to sleep or at least get an idea of what's going to happen to her.
i'm sorry, but I can not answer seriously to a story involving the raping of an apple.

+ mean picture guys, mean!

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Quote by signedinbloodnz
Pharmacy. Get someone who looks older or who is older to get one.

you can get pregnancy tests at any age, you can even buy a morning after pill without prescription whenever you want, so why the hell would you get someone older!

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
tricky situation, i think itl call for a series of long serious talks with all the numbers and fruit concerned, explaining the potential problems that not taking a pregnancy test could result in.

maybe she doesnt understand the gravity of the situation, or maybe shes scared? either way i think the only way this will end favourably is with alot of serious talks and possibly arguments
nothing.
Quote by The_Raven
Yes, Nine is really such an idiot. I mean, everyone should ask every girl they know to take a pregnancy test every week right? Just to make sure?
You should have read more carefully, Nine didn't know until a few days ago.

No, but generally if a girl has had unprotected sex and her period is late then she should take a pregnancy test.
I never called anyone an idiot.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I think before you ask for pregnancy advice you should take a good look at yourself dude...you hang about with people called 'Nine' and 'Apple' - This isn't the nineties kid.
RULE BRITANNIA
that sucks
tell her thats its really important and she needs to get it checked?
"nine" should tell her she's hurting him
yeh good luck
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Pregnancy test
HIV test
Serious counselling.

I know you say that she seems fine but she isn’t. She needs more help than the pit can offer. I strongly suggest you speak to a trustworthy parent, teacher or another capable adult about this.

A 14 year old is not old or mature enough to make a decision about this on her own. You said that she believes she isn’t pregnant? She is in SERIOUS DENIAL. You need professional help for this situation.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
No, but generally if a girl has had unprotected sex and her period is late then she should take a pregnancy test.
I never called anyone an idiot.

True, sorry for barking at you. Nine can't really feel too angry at her, more just frustrated by the whole situation.
Sorry.
I'm Sam
I'm really sorry man. I hope she changes her mind, that **** is ****ed up.

The best thing, I think, is to have her talk to a therapist or a shrink. She needs to tap out her feelings, even if she's not aware of it.

Hope it turns out ok.

Sincerely
"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people.. Otherwise, there would be no religious people."
who the hell rapes an apple?

on a serious note, tell the parents or something. she's obviously not going to be convinced by Nine, so parents are the best way to go.
Quote by SaulHudson#2
tricky situation, i think itl call for a series of long serious talks with all the numbers and fruit concerned, explaining the potential problems that not taking a pregnancy test could result in.

maybe she doesnt understand the gravity of the situation, or maybe shes scared? either way i think the only way this will end favourably is with alot of serious talks and possibly arguments

This may help too. Perhaps long serious talks...combined with the pregnancy test might help clear up the whole situation. Arguments, indeed, Nine and Apple had many over just telling someone that Apple had been raped. People can be crazy after trauma.

Obvious statements aside, do you or anyone else have any idea what Nine should say to Apple? Anything in-depth or convincing? Nine would love some help here.

Pregnancy test
HIV test
Serious counselling.

I know you say that she seems fine but she isn’t. She needs more help than the pit can offer. I strongly suggest you speak to a trustworthy parent, teacher or another capable adult about this.

A 14 year old is not old or mature enough to make a decision about this on her own. You said that she believes she isn’t pregnant? She is in SERIOUS DENIAL. You need professional help for this situation.

Yes, true. HIV test hadn't been thought of but it's unlikely Apple was the only rape victim...so that's a good idea.

Apple's aunty knows but from wha Nine knows of that aunty, she isn't probably the type to really help...kinda scared of getting into big serious mattrs. One for denial aswell. Damn taht.

Councelling is definitely required sometime in the (near) future. Nine himself had had councelling some years ago on a seperate matter...shouldn't be dreadfully hard to explain the pluses of councelling to Apple. But APple is very reluctant about those things...no excuse there however.
I'm Sam
Let her make up her own mind

Edit

Her parents would probably already know, considering the man has been to jail,

Still, tell her rent's
a little lost.....
Last edited by Davo Ownz at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I think it is Nine's duty to tell Apple's parents or guardians (assuming they aren't the rapsits), because this is something far too big for Nine to help Apple make a decision about.

Thank you.

Please, please, do this as soon as possible.
somebody should tell the tree that the apple is TWO MONTHS LATE!

why the hell does she thinks she's not pregnant if she's two months late? did she not have sex ed?

tell a parent/legal guardian. it doesn't matter if it makes nine look like an ass, this is serious shit
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
who the hell rapes an apple?

I feel bad for laughing at that
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
somebody should tell the tree that the apple is TWO MONTHS LATE!

why the hell does she thinks she's not pregnant if she's two months late? did she not have sex ed?

tell a parent/legal guardian. it doesn't matter if it makes nine look like an ass, this is serious shit

She has a "gut feeling". Probably, "God told her".

Perhaps. It doesn't matter about anything to do with Nine, it's Apple. So trying to tell the parents-tree is a good idea. Or just any adult. Though her aunty knows. Nine will have a discussion with her soon. Tomorrow in all likliness though Apple is at the beach for a few more days (one I think thogh. Perhaps she is back tomorrow, that would be ideal), away from Nine. Maybe even a teacher. This is just **** too big for teenagers.
I'm Sam
Quote by The_Raven
She has a "gut feeling". Probably, "God told her".

Perhaps. It doesn't matter about anything to do with Nine, it's Apple. So trying to tell the parents-tree is a good idea. Or just any adult. Though her aunty knows. Nine will have a discussion with her soon. Tomorrow in all likliness though Apple is at the beach for a few more days (one I think thogh. Perhaps she is back tomorrow, that would be ideal), away from Nine. Maybe even a teacher. This is just **** too big for teenagers.

At least you realise this. Nine is Apple's friend. Things of this nature are extremely sensitive. I don't deny that Nine isn't a damn good friend to Apple, but Nine should be there for support, not for advising at this point.
Well, The_Raven should talk to a doctor, and the parents, and see what they have to say.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by Zangetsu 101

I got a lengthy band for posting that. I'm still bitter, so I wonder what my next course of action is hmmm...

What does that little "!" do again?
I've been here since '04.

Last edited by NFFC_1865 at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by NFFC_1865
I got a lengthy band for posting that. I'm still bitter, so I wonder what my next course of action is hmmm...

What does that little "!" do again?

Huh? You got banned for posting that in a similar thread?
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Page 1 of 2