So... now that i'm finally getting a band together and that i have a completely new setup from what i used last year, i've encountered a problem with powering my pedals. So far i use a 7 outlet extension chord and have an extension attached to that at home. As you know, a lot of the power adapters for pedals are miniature bricks and take up 1 1/2 spots on the outlet!

My set up is arranged in a "\_/" shape that i can reach them while staying on the mic:

My pedal chain is (going from my right to left): Digitech Whammy IV >> Ernie Ball VP JR. Passive Volume Pedal (passive: doesn't use a power source) >> Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon Wah >> Rocktron Banshee Talkbox >> Line 6 POD X3 Live >> DigiTech JamMan Looper Pedal (this is actually placed before the whammy for easier reach and space reasons by using a long cable)... also, i might later on add a Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah since i mainly use the Weeping Demon for a phasing sound a la "Stockholm Syndrome"

My question is what can i use to power all the pedals from one single spot with the minimum use of cables? I was looking at the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ Power Supply and was hoping this might work, but i'm not sure because only one of my pedals (wd7) can run on 9v batteries. Also, i noticed that the power supply has an output on the back that i could probably use for the processor, right?

Thanks in advance guys!

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Jan 15, 2009,
Bump.

Use a Onespot from Visual Sound. SHOULD work, you might need some of those voltage doubler cables though. That or the Fuel Tank...
Onespot tends to be noisy as far as i've heard.

Quote by evening_crow
Onespot tends to be noisy as far as i've heard.

It's because of the whole isolated outputs deal going on there, that is found in other, generally more expensive power supplies. It also has a high mA, I believe.

Me?

I use a velcroed down power strip, with my Fuel Tank Jr. powering my pedals daisy chained. I use smaller, individual pedals. You'd be better off getting something like a Voodoo Lab than anything else, now that I look at your rig.
Last edited by AcousticLesPaul at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
It's because of the whole isolated outputs deal going on there, that is found in other, generally more expensive power supplies. It also has a high mA, I believe.

Me?

I use a velcroed down power strip, with my Fuel Tank Jr. powering my pedals daisy chained. I use smaller, individual pedals. You'd be better off getting something like a Voodoo Lab than anything else, now that I look at your rig.

Yep, and i mentioned the Voodoo Lab but i'm not sure if they're compatible in regards of current and all that. That's what i'm asking help on.

What do all your pedals run on, voltage wise? Might be hard finding something capable of powering all of them - they are larger pedals...
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
What do all your pedals run on, voltage wise? Might be hard finding something capable of powering all of them - they are larger pedals...

9v adapters. The wah is the only one capable of running on a 9v battery and the volume pedal doesn't use a power source at all. The problem would be the mA.

the whammy needs an AC power supply,not sure about the others, but i'm guessing the POD has a higher powered supply too. Thats the big problem most of these power supplies are meant for your standard 9v centre negative pedals, and it seems you dont have very many of these, so finding one supply for all them might be difficult