The school are having what they call a 'fashion show' and i've been asked to play with a teacher

we need to do a well known song

the categories are 70's, 80's & 90's

I want an epic song thats got good guitar in it

I'm an intermidiet guitarist that can play every Bon Jovi song with ease (thats for skill level)

Teacher (singer)s range is 80's singer
Then play a lotta 80s epic hair metal.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
MANOWAR!.. I've noticed.. I'm the only one who ever mentions Manowar on this site xP That just sucks..

Anyway! Play Manowar.. Manowar is like.. the definition of epic music.. But then again, it's really hard.. because.. The vocalist Eric Adams is (In my opinion) the best singer in the world.. But.. But.. Try!

If not.. If it's like a fashion show with women and all that, play Motley Crue's "Girls, girls, girls" =D

Or.. If it's not a little too old, then Kiss - Lovegun. Both wellknown and.. dunno.. Abit fashion-show like perhaps xD

Lemme think.. Skid Row! 18 and Life! Awesome song.. Dunno if it was ever populaer enough for students to reckonize it tho'..

Of course you can play some Van Halen or the likes aswell.. But dunno. It's abit boring and overdone to me. But it is impressive..

You know what.. If it's supposed to be famous and 80ies.. You just gotta play some Judas Priest. No question. Just do it.. Breaking the Law is wellknown ^^
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
Quote by samlocke14
rock you like a hurricane?

This^

Quote by Northernmight
Motley Crue's "Girls, girls, girls"

And this^

Both of those are perfect songs for a fashion show.
The beat is quite important, it should be something that the models can comfortably walk in time and pose to, so something like Trapped Under Ice by Metallica for instance just will not do.
Remember, your job criteria in the case of this particular gig is to make the models look good by providing a soundtrack for them to strut along to, not to draw attention to yourselves (and away from the models) by playing something uber-impressive and skillfull.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This^

And this^

Both of those are perfect songs for a fashion show.
The beat is quite important, it should be something that the models can comfortably walk in time and pose to, so something like Trapped Under Ice by Metallica for instance just will not do.
Remember, your job criteria in the case of this particular gig is to make the models look good by providing a soundtrack for them to strut along to, not to draw attention to yourselves (and away from the models) by playing something uber-impressive and skillfull.

I wanna put it out there, I agree with everything this man says for the next decade, be it bandleading advice, or a recipe for a simple noodle dish.

Slacker has hit the nail on the head. This is not your gig, it is the models gig. And may God have mercy on your soul if you piss off a whole show of aspiring models . Go with something with a strong beat, such as the aforementioned songs, and DO NOT run around/strut up and down the stage/rip into an improv solo in the middle of the song. Play well, and play without drawing more attention to yourself than the absolute bear minimum. (You are playing the music, you will get SOME attention).

Best of luck dude. Break a leg, and here's something to think about. You're an integral part of the show... Does that mean by rights, you should have an All Access pass to everywhere? . My work here is done

Sanity is not statistical
Quote by Low_End_Rocker
I wanna put it out there, I agree with everything this man says for the next decade, be it bandleading advice, or a recipe for a simple noodle dish.

Here ya go.

Chicken Noodle Soup.

1 (3 to 4-pound) whole chicken
1 quart chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
2 quarts water
2 medium onions, quartered
2 carrots, roughly chopped
2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
2 sprigs fresh thyme
5 or 6 parsley stems
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 ounces whole button mushrooms, quartered
1/2 cup diced onions
1/2 cup sliced carrots
1/2 cup small-diced celery
2 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 pound dried vermicelli noodles
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

Place the chicken in a large stockpot or Dutch oven and cover with the chicken stock and 2 quarts water. Add the onion quarters, roughly chopped carrots and celery, thyme, parsley stems, and the bay leaf. Bring mixture to a boil, partially cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 1 hour. The chicken should easily pull away from the bones.

Using tongs, remove the chicken from the broth and set aside until cool enough to handle. Strain the cooking liquid through a fine-meshed sieve, lined with cheesecloth, discarding the vegetables and reserving the stock. Pull the chicken meat off the bones, discarding the bones, skin, and any fat. Shred and reserve meat.

Melt the butter in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the diced onions, carrots, and celery and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in reserved cooked chicken. Add reserved chicken stock and bring to a boil over high heat.

Season the soup with salt and pepper. Add vermicelli and simmer until noodles are cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in parsley. Serve hot.

Enjoy.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jan 15, 2009,
^ I'm not partial to onions, but I think I might have to try that out sometime

And for the love of God ask the models themselves what they'd like played.
Play your cards right and you might get a bit of sweet, sweet lovin'.
Oh yeah, guys, take it from an older guy who's been around a bit. DON'T get involved with a model, they are vain and emotionaly and financialy expensive and you have to beat every man they meet off with a stick.
Pick a girl who will support your musical endevours rather than hinder them.
Quote by Retro Rocker
^ If that was in response to what I said, I wasn't recommending an actual relationship >.>

And don't get one pregnant either.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
And don't get one pregnant either.

Or do and say it isn't yours.
Deny all DNA tests and other evidence
Don't pay any bills
???
Profit
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Why not play a Bon Jovi song if you can do it then?

You Give Love a Bad Name would be good... I think.
Quote by Mister_noodle
Hot For Teacher-Van Halen

That song has to be played at any school show.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
Quote by xEpidemicx
That song has to be played at any school show.

Don't leave out the parts where they talk about the teacher in the bar either!
livin on a prayer - bon jovi

its a sick as song, i wanna cover it
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
70's- Hotel California (The Eagles), Freebird (Lynyrd Skynyrd), Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd)

80's- Master Of Puppets (Metallica), Play With Me (Extreme), You Really Got Me (With Eruption intro- Van Halen)

90's- Man In The Box (Alice In Chains), Moon Baby (Godsmack), Painkiller (Judas Priest)

Do those songs and I guarantee you'll be the next big thing to come out of your town.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
Living After Midnight - Judas Priest
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Quote by Helloween_rox
70's- Hotel California (The Eagles), Freebird (Lynyrd Skynyrd), Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd)

80's- Master Of Puppets (Metallica), Play With Me (Extreme), You Really Got Me (With Eruption intro- Van Halen)

90's- Man In The Box (Alice In Chains), Moon Baby (Godsmack), Painkiller (Judas Priest)

Do those songs and I guarantee you'll be the next big thing to come out of your town.

You're still missing the point. This is not their gig, it is the models'. Overshadow the models, and you'll actually look worse.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by Helloween_rox

Good songs, but they're horrible for a fashion show. Especially the 70's songs.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
Quote by PunkRockv2
One, Metallica. Epic as it gets.

Okay, none of you guys get it. It's about the MODELS, not the music. Think of songs that will fit the show.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
Rock You Like A Hurricane - Scorpions
Paradise City - Guns N' Roses
Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister
Any Way You Want It - Journey
Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
I Want It All - Queen
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Quote by xEpidemicx
Okay, none of you guys get it. It's about the MODELS, not the music. Think of songs that will fit the show.

Yeah, imagine walking down the street in a slightly over-emphasised way, now imagine that there is a tune that plays in time to your steps, what tune would it be?

A perfect one is Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood, but that's hardly what a guitar band will be wanting to play.
Higher Ground by Stevie Wonder would work nicely, assuming you have a wah pedal. Just make sure you don't do the RHCP, for it would be too overpowering for an event like this.

Eliminate any metal from your thoughts. It won't work.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by xEpidemicx

So I'm guessing Job For A Cowboy wouldn't work.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Stick it - Great white
Dr. Feelgood - Motley Crue
Night Songs - Cinderella
You Really Got Me - Van Halen
Youth Gone Wild - Skid Row

theres 5 80s songs

EDIT: if its bout models

Girls Girls Girls - Motley Crue

/thread
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Last edited by NGMF-Sam at Jan 17, 2009,
Quote by hellforgother
The school are having what they call a 'fashion show' and i've been asked to play with a teacher

we need to do a well known song

the categories are 70's, 80's & 90's

I want an epic song thats got good guitar in it

I'm an intermidiet guitarist that can play every Bon Jovi song with ease (thats for skill level)

Teacher (singer)s range is 80's singer

Wait. So if you're just playing with you're teacher, how are you gonna get drums bass and everything else? backnig track?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by Black Star
You're still missing the point. This is not their gig, it is the models'. Overshadow the models, and you'll actually look worse.

Well in that case models NEED to be overshadowed if they cannot comprehend and walk to the epicness that is my suggested setlist.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
Quote by Helloween_rox
Well in that case models NEED to be overshadowed if they cannot comprehend and walk to the epicness that is my suggested setlist.

I don't care if these models were professional. If you were to play that setlist at a modeling gig, you would overshadow them, no matter how well they walk to the music. You have to understand that playing the gig does not mean that you are the star of the gig. Overshadowing the models is a good way to ensure that you'll struggle to get another gig.
Quote by MuffinMan