i want to get like a pop punk, alternative rock sound like blink182/ sum41/

Please help me choose between these pedals:

IBANEZ TUBE SCREAMER TS-9 (maybe ts9dx)

BOSS OS-2

Digitech hardwire cm-2

These were overdrive pedals, and i dont know what suits best for these styles. i am planning to buy overdrive and distortion but is there an overdrive pedal that has enough gain for punk rock??
i wanted to get a tube screamer but i read that it doesnt have enough gain.
so what do you think?? is it enough for these styles??
Your best bet is neither. Use a boost pedal to put ur amps natural distortion into overdrive. A cheap fix is marshall's blues breaker which has a boost function. For the same price as a tube screamer try a modded ds-1 by keeley!
None of them will be heavy enough for your liking. What kind of amp do you have?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
fender fm212r and buying a new amp is out of question.

i think im gonna buy a digitech tl-2 metal distortion and some kinda overdrive pedal.
Digitech distortions are crap. Look for a Blackstar pedal.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
digitech is not a crap you just need to spend some time to set up eq normally, and the new hardwire pedal is really great, it has 2 modes so it is pretty versatile, but it is metal distortion.
can i get a pop punk sound with it?
Quote by Green_Jelly

obviously coming from someone who hasn't played the hardwire series from Digitech. don't be quick to group the hardwire series with the majority of digitech's other pedals (which have mostly always been geared towards the lower budgeted players who want lots of options).

TS, if you don't have a british voiced tube amp, you're not gonna get that crunch and grit that is present in almost all styles of punk. but i'd go with the digitech hardwire over the other two, just b/c they're so praised. there's HUNDREDS of options when it comes to OD pedals in the $100 and above range, so i'm not even gonna get started on the fact that there are others you could be looking at. but the digitech should be pretty good if you've got a valve amp.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
id go with the CM-2 aswell.

But honestly man save towards a new amp, those amps are just garbage i think id take a marshall MG over one of those **** amps.
marshall mg?? , my fender is alot better than that amp. My clean channel is really good, but marshall mg's drive channel and clean channels just sucks.
Quote by Green_Jelly

Nothing like saying something sucks then telling him to get a over priced slightly warmer piece of crap...

Just goes to show ya....

Ts just go up to a local shop and grab any distortion pedal you can get your hands on and demo them and see which one you like best..