Been playing for some time now, this is the first cover ive uploaded. The audio is a bit crappy, and i'm a bit off tempo in some parts, and during the main solo. Thanks for all comments and critiques the song is in my profile.

EDIT : profile link added

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/tx4venom/
Quote by jj1565
what type of music do you play?

if you play mostly bees in a box music then go wt the MG
if you play transformers, more than meets the eye, then Spider.

Last edited by tx4venom at Jan 15, 2009,
hey man, maybe try adding the link your profile onto the thread, just makes it that little bit easier to find, might get you more views too.
onto the recording, quailty was not that great, very quiet yet quite hissy too, but listening closely, you can hear that the actual playing is ok, slightly wrong in parts however, and the drums are questionable, is it you playing on a seperate track, or a track?

having said that, you get points in my book for doing the whole song, most people would just do either the intro or solo. i'd say it takes a lot of guts to do the whole song, not to mention stamina and the solo is actually quite good. Just get the timing a little better, work on getting a better recording, and you'll be set

fancy critiquing mine?

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Stud_Muffin/

x
Are you downpicking? If you do you will get tired fast when playing this song.
Can hear some parts that you losing "beat"
Eat shit or die tryin'

Gibson Explorer
LTD M-400
Last edited by wajna at Jan 15, 2009,
yeah, all downpicked except for the solos of course. And to stud_muffin, i was using a backing track for drums. thanks guys for crits, keep em coming.
Quote by jj1565
what type of music do you play?

if you play mostly bees in a box music then go wt the MG
if you play transformers, more than meets the eye, then Spider.

Last edited by tx4venom at Jan 15, 2009,
like the others have said, sometimes you lose the beat, and the recording quality is not quite the best, but its good overall. just keep working on it, and try to alternate pick through the whole song, it makes it so much easier and you'll be able to stay on beat. and kudos for actually doing the whole song
Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some, but other times, you get some.
How in god's name did you downpick that whole damn song?! You must have the stamina of a ****in horse. Try recording it with something better, cause you could really have something, it's pretty good aside from the tempo thing, which has been mentioned.

crit mine?
meh
Quote by get ta led out!
How in god's name did you downpick that whole damn song?! You must have the stamina of a ****in horse. Try recording it with something better, cause you could really have something, it's pretty good aside from the tempo thing, which has been mentioned.

crit mine?

Actually, it's not THAT hard. Just practice for some days and you will be able to downpick almost the whole song. Actually, the hardest parts are the verses, but there @ 3 minutes there's the interlude, things get slower, so you can rebuild your stamina and then finish the song without many problems.
its was probably not the best recording and drums, but u played really great, keep up the good work
Here's my crit:

The guitar playing is pretty good. There are some bits where I clearly see you lack some ability of playing it cleanly and in tempo. Those bits are always the one where you need to pick more then 3 strings consecutively. You will have to practice picking Arpeggios slow and then go fast until you play them clean. You barely use vibrato, this is also something you should work on because it's the most expressive element the guitar has. The tone is pretty good, I know the quality of the recording is not very well, but if you had some good recording equipment your tone would sound really good.
The last solo is pretty dirty! You have to work on playing things slow first!

Good job though
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Digging the tone, as for the picking I have the same issue. Cramping sucks but hey...it's what we can do until we perfect it lol. Keep up the solid work. =)