Well... I have a dilema . Been playing guitar for a year and 8 months . I'm looking for a new amp.. I currently use a 10 watt Ibanez amp. Its an IBZ10G. I also use a Digitech RP350. Now i'm looking to upgrade my amp and maybe do away with my Digitech . The amps I'm considering is an Ibanez TBX30R Tone Blaster or maybe the new Randall V2xm 30 watt ninja series . I don't know much about the Randall other than the looks. I saw it in the new Guitar World magazine. Its a signature model from Arch Enemy guitarist Michael Amott.

Now my Digitech pedal is good... only thing is I tweaked it to where I'm only using the first five presets so much of it is wasted . I use the drum machine occasionally also which i find helps my timing.

My goal is to get my own tone and hopefully record some stuff on my computer.
I know Dimebag used Randall amps for most of his career and also Kirk Hammett .

Thanks for any help with this dilema of mine .
GETCHA PULL MUTHAFUKA!!
Go for the Randall. Their SS amps are generally good, and the Ibanez TBX amps suck major arse.

Even though I'm not a fan of floor multi fx, for now you may just want to keep that Digitech for now and get some recording gear (e.g. a Line6 Toneport) first.

Of course, this is assuming you're not gigging. If you are, you're gonna need a bigger amp above all.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
No i'm not gigging. So is this Toneport any good... I'm looking for something that i can hook up to my laptop and record vocals maybe also...

Do you know if i would be able to run it through my Digitech as well?
GETCHA PULL MUTHAFUKA!!
Quote by dimebag70

I know Dimebag used Randall amps for most of his career and also Kirk Hammett .

not a good way to base your judgment.

yes, you an run your digitech into the toneport, and i know there's a model which offers the ability to hook up a microphone. check them out on musiciansfriend or something.

also, this technically is not a dilemma.
Last edited by phoenix_88 at Jan 15, 2009,