Right, the other day/week i was messing around on my mesa and wondering whether i could get some more gain out of it without deafening myself, i currently do not own any OD/distortion pedals

So anyway i suddenly remembered my brother has the digitech ds7 distortion factory, on which mode 1 is meant to simulate a TS9 i think

in any case it did kick some serious gain out of my tubes but there was a serious drop in the low end, and also the amount of extra noise was extremely annoying when not playing

SOO

Im thinking of getting myself a real TS9 soon, or maybe a Maxon OD9 instead, but the issue is will they have similar effects, or is the digitech just a piece of poop?
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
With all that gain you might want to also get a noise suppressor. Although the TS9 will probably sound better you will still get some extra noise due to the large amount of gain.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
i have a ts9. i like to play hard rock and metal and all i had was a digi tech rp50 with a crappy combo amp so i got the ts9 for a little more OD because the rp50 by itself wasn't doin it for me. anyway. i haven't had any problems with extra noise and it's really good at giving that extra push the distortion needs.
Quote by Led man32
With all that gain you might want to also get a noise suppressor. Although the TS9 will probably sound better you will still get some extra noise due to the large amount of gain.

yeah i was thinking this anyway, i mean for even without pedals when cranked theres some noise

what im more worried about is the loss of low end. when the pedal is on i seem to gain some more of that mid hump which i quite like, but i seem to lose the dual rectifier rumble right down in the lows when the pedal is on...
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
if you're getting a ts9 i suggest one with the keeley mod.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain