I have put the duncan jb jazz set into my Ibanez RG5EX1 back in october using bday money. I have happened to just notice that when i bend strings the sound pretty much dies out kind of quickly (bout 5 secs) (not vibrato). Is this just solved on the way i pick or is it the pickups. Same thing happens with pinch harmonics. Any answers?
you probably have to adjust your action that could be a reason why or your pickup is low try to raise it up and see if that works
Not the action, but the distance from the polepieces to the strings.

If the action plys well don't mess with it.

owever, you can try raising the pickups a bit. It will change your tone a bit, however it will probably make the pickups more responsive.

Does it sustain longer when unplugged? Because if it won't sustain at all then the pickups probably aren't the issue.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
same thing while unplugged, and how do i raise or lower my action. I dont even know what i could call good action but the feel of the strings is great so im guessing its fine.
If you're guitar doesn't sutain, then it doesn't sustain.

The pibkups aren't gonna make the strings move any longer....
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
It's possible that the pickups are too close to the strings, so the magnets are pulling too much on the strings, reducing their momentum, which can kill sustain. Depends on how how powerful the magnets in your pickups are tho.

Or it could just be that the guitar has poor sustain anyway.
Another thing to consider is if your pickups are too CLOSE to the strings. Having your pickups too far away will reduce sustain, but so will having them too close. If they are far away the output is lower, so sustain is shorter.

On the other hand, if they are too close, the strong magnetic field of a hot pickup will inhibit sustain by limiting and dampening the string vibrations. In extreme cases, this will do something called "string pull" or "drag" or whatever, where it actually pulls the strings into the frets between your pick and your fretting finger, thus making your tone kind of "warped" sounding, and much shorter sustain. This is a much bigger issue in the neck pickup, as it's closer to the middle of the strings, not so much with the bridge, which is very close to the stable portion of the strings coming off the saddles.

It's all about balance. Get them as close as you can without your natural harmonics oscillating when plucked, and you should be good. If you pluck a natural harmonic with a pickup too close, it sort of "wobbles", or oscillates, in a unnatural and unpleasant way due to the pickups magnetic field messing with the string.

Keep in mind that since the bass strings have way more metal mass, they are much more strongly affect by this. I slant my neck pickups with the pickup much closer to the treble strings, because there is less pull on them since they are so thin, but keeping it pretty far away on the bass side. Distance wise, that is mostly with the neck though, as with the bridge, you can get away with it being pretty dang close, as the strings are much more stiff near the bridge. However, in both positions it also helps balance the natural output of the louder, thicker strings in the bass with the thinner, quieter string in the treble range.

Oh, and besides screwing with your harmonics and sustain, having pickups too close will also mess with your intonation up and down the neck.