hey all,

im starting at an access to music college in norwich this summer. im being entered at level 3, for performing musicians.
im wondering if anyone either happens to know, or has done this / is doing this course could tell me what theory level i should be at? just so i know ive got my **** together. i have a feeling its grade 5, but i cant be sure - many thanks.
Just a bit of advice: if you take a placement test in music (or any field) and you get into a level that may or may not be too advanced for you, the best thing you can do for yourself is to start off in the next lowest level. I would even go so far as to say to start at the beginning.

When I was at Berklee, everyone would brag after taking placement tests about how high of a Harmony or Ear Training level they got into. I personally tested into a higher level but decided I wanted to start at the beginning anyways. If I'm paying that kind of money to study music, I want to make sure that there's nothing basic I'm missing before plunging into the more advanced stuff. And it was a good thing I did because even though I tested into a higher level, I ended up learning a LOT in even the lowest level that helped me out as I advanced.

If I had it to do over again, I would do it exactly the same way and start at the beginning in every subject.
I did Rockschool 3 years ago and you don't need to have a set level, they access you and give you work based on that level. But this year Rockschool hasn't started yet, something about them having to change it's name or something.
I think music colleges need a grade 5 or similar. According to what i've read... I may be wrong