Page 1 of 3
used the search bar and nothing came up (though im sure someone will post a link to a similar thread) but anyway hear it goes. this thread is for people to post pics of the guitar they are gassing for, and for other people who might have played said guitar to give a critique/review. ill kick this off

probably getting it at the start of the summer but the gas is killin me!!!! anyone have beano?
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Carvin V3

Jackson Dk2s
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
This

Just because it looks fuggin awesome.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Boss DD-7 or a MXR carbon copy (havent decided), a Vox V847, maybe Fender/Schaller locking tuners, and maybe some new pickups. But if I happen to fall into some money then perhaps a nice PRS, gibson e-339, SG or a double cut away les paul (but I dont think thats gunna happen).
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Last edited by MOOSE_CCR99 at Jan 15, 2009,
never sen that before, is it in the 09 ESP line? Looks killer
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
I need a set of new pups and a new trem for my strat. Probably gonna settle for Häussel Big Mags and a Schaller 2000. Then I need a new amp. I bought an Epi Valve Junior off of ebay because it was cheap, but I want something better and slightly bigger.
I'll try to get an Engl Classic or a Framus Ruby Riot (or the CS top, which is the head version of the Ruby Riot). I might settle for an Engl Thunder though if I can get it for cheap.
I'd like a new guitar, too. Preferably a Framus Camarillo, though a Renegade would suffice. If I come across a good Gibson SG, V or Explorer I'll go for that.
Whatever, I'll most likely go for this:

I've played the engl thunder and it was a pretty sweet little amp. That guitar is killer btw, love the top on it
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Last edited by ShredGod George at Jan 15, 2009,
this year i will either acquire

this

or

im craving for my first real les paul, but i played the YJM strat and fell in love with it, it played so well, the scalloped neck felt unreal, im going cold turkey because i haven't played it since! but it will be a very hard decision as the gold top is the thing of immense beauty.

in terms of rig changes, im thinking

and maybe a new wah pedal
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
^That Hagstrom would be so cool if the headstock wasn't hideous D:
Epiphone Goth Explorer:

Epiphone G400 Custom:

Marshall JCM 900 head with a 1960A 4x12 cab:

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
My list:
2009 Gibson Les Paul Jr., Charvel Model 4, Kramer 1984, some bodies to work on and A NEW AMP!!! If anyone knows a good amp for hard rock around $550 used tell me!!!
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
my general GAS list is ridiculas

but my realistic buys this year are:

Tube combo when I have the money (I assume I'll go for a bugera 333XL)
attunator if I need it
sell my epi LP for funds towards LTD ec-1000
some pedals and maybe a pod
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
There's a few things I want, but Im not DIEING for any of them at the moment.

A fender strat of some sort, color HAS to be a burst, or natural

Thats the Lite ash, the one I have my eye on (its local) is a 2003 strat made of alder (instead ash like the one pictured) same finish, same black hardware etc. So their almost identicle.

A f-style mandolin, something with a nice sunburst, preferably a ebony fretboard, ebony bridge and it HAS to be solid wood or else I won't look at it.

I would kill for one of those, basically all I wanted (as posted above,) + it has flamed maple sides which is even better

Maybe A 12 string electric ( I was looking at getting a nice 12 string acoustic but I feel like an electric would be a little more practicle)

Basically a burns (some london based company) 12 string (It's official name is the double six) basic but all I could ask for, supposedly elvis used one ??

A coral sitar!!! Whoohoo!!!!

They had the same coral sitar at my Local Music Store and I loved it.

Last but not least a fender blues Junior to go with the last two purchases, Plus I could use some of those fender cleans for things coming up this year ( a concert-ish band for my music teacher and I'm joining the school jazz band)

Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
@Rock Pig; Ooh, that wah looks nice, first bit of Satch's signature gear after the JS guitars that I like.

Anyway, on-topic;

guitar-wise; Something new, between a Fender HW1 strat, a roadworn strat, an Epi Dot, an Am. Std. strat, a higher-end Epi Les Paul, a Les Paul Goldtop, a PRS SE Custom 24, a Classic series 70's strat, and a bunch of other stuff that'll doubtlessly turn up between now and when I get whatever it ends up.

Amp-wise; Some sort of new tube amp, probably a Vox, Orange, Mesa or Fender.

Effects-wise; Line 6 Pod(hey, in my experience, it's just the Spiders that are crap), a new delay pedal, possibly an EHX Small Clone, an EHX Small Stone or an MXR Script Phase 90 w/ LED, that wah that Rock Pig linked, and a Metal Muff.

Non-guitar-shiz; Bigger iPod and a new computer.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by necrosis1193
@Rock Pig; Ooh, that wah looks nice, first bit of Satch's signature gear after the JS guitars that I like.

I'm buying it as soon as I can turn up the cash; I've been saving up for a new wah and I knew that Vox/Satch would be releasing one so I've been checking the site religiously for days. It just got put up there today

Oh, btw you should look into the Mesa. You play a Strat, right? You can get awesome sounds out of a Strat and a Mesa from what I've heard
My list goes on for awhile....
- ESP Richie Sambora SA-2
- ESP AX-401FM
- Gibson or Epiphone Goldtop with P-90s... I don't mind which, to be honest I just want to put it up on a wall and stare...
- Dunlop Heil Talkbox
- I need to get a Wah at some point, my existing one is broken.
- Fender Tone-Master head
- Gibson SG Goddess in Sky Burst
- American Fender Strat
- Kramer Sambora Signature/Jersey Star

Though I might change the SG, Strat, Kramer and LP Goldtop for Warmoth build versions instead. I'm really loving putting together my Warmoth Telecaster right now.

Hell so far this year I've already bought the Warmoth Tele, a Micro POG, a BOSS GE-7, a power supply unit for all my pedals, a BOSS DD-7, a second Digitech Screamin' Blues...

My bank account is going to get raped this year.

EDIT: And a Jackson Kelly too actually. It's not the sort of thing I'd normally want but my best friend is called Kelly and she just started playing guitar too and she can't use anything but thin 'metal' necks so I kind of want one and if I decide I don't lke it I can palm it off to her easily
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Jan 15, 2009,
I want to get an agile, i really ****ing want to try them im just too poor. And a ukulele.

I have realistic dreams, and this ukulele.

My friend has the orange one, i want this one. pure win.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
^^That ukulele is friggin' awesome!
Where can I get on of those?

(By the way, I would have giggled like a little girl if you had just said "well, I want this and that...")
Haha, a store near me sells those Flying-V Ukulele's, they're £25 each. Not seen a green one though, I think they only sell black ones, maybe blue too.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Rickenbacker 360

Danelectro '59

Electro-Harmonix HOG

Hmm, I think the Dano is the only one of those I can realistically afford...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
i want to get a blackheart little giant and maybe an orange cab. can someone tell me what GAS stands for again, i forgot
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Gear Acquisition Syndrome.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Divided By 13 LDW 17/39 head to go with my FTR 37

Maybe a 4*12 cab for my FTR, it sounds amazing through a 4*12, really opens up.

A good humbucker guitar, either an SG or an ES 335 (with block inlays and a 50's neck)

Or maybe get my sister to paint a Fool SG (If you want to see what how she painted my Monterey, take a look in my profile)
Quote by splamron
i want to get a blackheart little giant and maybe an orange cab. can someone tell me what GAS stands for again, i forgot

Gear Aspiration Syndrome.

Edit:
OFFICIALLY, it's acquisition.

But I prefer aspiration. Wrong or not
Last edited by Rock Pig at Jan 15, 2009,
Peavey just confirmed a 6505+ 1x12 combo.... I'm going to have no money
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by TheQuailman
^^That ukulele is friggin' awesome!
Where can I get on of those?

(By the way, I would have giggled like a little girl if you had just said "well, I want this and that...")

you can find those on ebay they cost like 40 or something like that. A store near me sells them and they go for 45, so im definitely getting one with my next paycheck. THey have orange, red, green, white, black, natural, yellow and pink, from the colours ive seen at the store. They're badass

EDIT: I dont know if they still sell them on ebay anymore, they used to though.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Last edited by this&that at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by BigRob91
Peavey just confirmed a 6505+ 1x12 combo.... I'm going to have no money

The 6505 Plus 112 combo also features the Peavey MSDI™ microphone-simulated direct interface, which eliminates the need for miking by allowing users to route the amp’s signal directly to a recording device or mixing console. Additional features include three-spring reverb, effects loop and external speaker outputs, plus a 12” Sheffield® loudspeaker in a sealed-back cabinet that offers maximum resonance and sound projection.

wat. I don't wanna sell my head just so I can have DI options...
It'd be nice if they added reverb to the head versions... the design probably doesn't allow it though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I'll only get the if I progress A LOT this year and if I have the money.

Vox AD100VT

Digitech RP350
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Page 1 of 3