So I was playing my Epi LP Standard and well I switched to the bridge pickup and then realised that it sounded no different from my neck pickup. So I was fiddling around with the switch (ie checking each position compared to the sound from the amp) and then flicked it into the bridge and well it sounded alot brighter. Switched it back to neck and bridge then back to bridge and once again it sounded like neck.

I'm guessing this is something to do with the switch connections inside yes?
So anyway of sorting this problem?

Also noticed my tone and volume knobs have started to crackle as I turn them, and also with them slightly turning in their cavity. This I know is not normal and is the source of the crackle? Any soloutions to this?

tl:dr

Switch and Knobs are messed up, any fixes?

Tah
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
replace them?
Gear

82' Gibson Les Paul w/ EMG KFK
Schecter Limited Edition C-1 Artist
Fender Fat Strat
B-52 AT100 Head
B-52 AT100 Cab
Blackstar ht-distx
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Well I'm kinda not expierienced in the, fixing / sorting of guitars :P Shocking I know.

So what would I be looking to replace?
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Probably just needs to have a connection re soldered. I can't imagine that it would cost that much to get it done at a shop. If your controls are starting to move a wire may have been partially disconnected.
Quote by Scrubs
So I was playing my Epi LP Standard and well I switched to the bridge pickup and then realised that it sounded no different from my neck pickup. So I was fiddling around with the switch (ie checking each position compared to the sound from the amp) and then flicked it into the bridge and well it sounded alot brighter. Switched it back to neck and bridge then back to bridge and once again it sounded like neck.

I'm guessing this is something to do with the switch connections inside yes?
So anyway of sorting this problem?

Also noticed my tone and volume knobs have started to crackle as I turn them, and also with them slightly turning in their cavity. This I know is not normal and is the source of the crackle? Any soloutions to this?

tl:dr

Switch and Knobs are messed up, any fixes?

Tah

For the switch problem, look at the back of the guitar and remove the pate that covers the switch. Look at the switch, and see if there are any soldering issues (wires fallen off or any somesuch) if not, you will have to get a new switch. It is fairly easy to change a switch, but if you are unconfident a luthier will charge around $50 for changing the switch.

As for the crackling pots, the crackle means that there is dust in the pots. Just remove them (you do not have to fully remove them, just unscrew them and gently take them out with the wires attached) and go over them with some canned air. If you clean them correctly, it should fix them. A luthier can also do this for $50, but he will probably give a discount if you ask him to fix both issues.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
The epi pickup switches are a bit ****e, it will probably just need replacing. Mine is a bit dodge too, at the moment.
...Bleep Bloop...