Okay I'm happy with all the amp models and things, but I'm getting this problem where the playback is awful when my PC loads something, or even when I playback something to play along with on Audacity. The sound is jumpy and goes silent for split seconds and it is annoying as hell.
I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and whther there's something I can do about it.

Also, does anyone know exactly what leads I use to connect with my PC, and where abouts to plug them in, 'cus at the moment I've just got a lead between the headphone socket and mic port. And tbh, in writing this last paragraph, I've just realised what might be the problem
Ah well I'll post anyway.
Quote by DieGarbageMan

how could you not forsee the rise of surskits!

Quote by CaptainRon
One second let me just ask my penis.

Reel Big Fish: 20/02.09
Rise Against: 22/02/09
My UX1 just refuses to work. Sometimes, it comes up with an error message, or it makes no noise, or it goes FUIGVGDTUFEFBBZBZBZBY!
There are a few issues with Vista x64, or just Vista in general. Mine works fine, however, so I can't really help out. Make sure you haven't got any unnecessary programs running in the background using up all your procezz0rz!
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR <3
I use XP, and I get rid of all programs, but just playback itself is enough to mess up the signal
Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by CaptainRon

Quote by 24fretsftw
Okay I'm happy with all the amp models and things, but I'm getting this problem where the playback is awful when my PC loads something, or even when I playback something to play along with on Audacity. The sound is jumpy and goes silent for split seconds and it is annoying as hell.
I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and whther there's something I can do about it.

Also, does anyone know exactly what leads I use to connect with my PC, and where abouts to plug them in, 'cus at the moment I've just got a lead between the headphone socket and mic port. And tbh, in writing this last paragraph, I've just realised what might be the problem
Ah well I'll post anyway.

Go to HELP, then hardware and driver settings, set the default buffer size to max, default bit depth and buffer size to max.

this solves it

Bear in mind there will be a tiny bit of latencey if your machine is slower.
Hope that helps.

-Paul
thanks dude, I'll give it a try one sec
Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by CaptainRon

No prob, I had the exact same problem, I was seriously pissed off with it... I mean how on earth could I make music if it kept cutting now and then..

That should sort it though.

EDIT: The UX1 should come with a usb wire? That should be plugged into a USB port, I think 2.0 ports aren't accepted, not too sure though..
Last edited by Blast For Satan at Jan 15, 2009,
Okay, now there is a driver problem, I keep getting a blue screen error when plugged into my USB 2.0 port, but when I connect it to other ports it won't work at all (I get the red light not the green) so I have no idea what's up with it
Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by CaptainRon

I used to have this problem with my GX, I gave up on it, reinstalled drivers and everything.

Download all the latest drivers and programs, and see what happens. Also replace the USB cable. I was using the factory one that came with it and it's rubbish... I replaced it with a good quality one and it's absolutely perfect now.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
hm ....do u happen to be using a dual-core processor? how much ram do you have? if you are low on either of those that could definitely be your problem
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
single core, 1.5gb ram - and thanks MrCarrot I'll try that out
Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by CaptainRon

I don't think 2.0 is supported...

If it's still red, use the hardware install wizard that pops up when you connect it, click that and install it, should connect and turn green.

That's how I connect mine up, I install the gearbox first, then connect up the hardware (doesn't connect for some reason) then I just click the new hardware detected bubble thing and it finds and connects with gearbox..
Ah okay I'll give that a try aswell, thanks for the help guys
Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by CaptainRon